Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMpro user queu issue, cant break dial tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalG

Technical User
Mar 11, 2005
CA
server edition 9.13
VMpro

I have setup announcement to user in vm pro
I can hear my waiting message but I can only break dial tone during that message.
while the on hold music is playing I cant break dial tone.
What am I missing ?

my start point goes to a generic box then go to a Menu with 2 option. 1 for transfert and 0 leave mail

i would get rid of that generic box first. just put the wav file in the menu. i just tested it on mine, it works as designed.

working as designed... you can break dial tone and dial digits during the message playing associated with the menu, and also for whatever duration the timeout of that menu is set for. After that, the call returns to the queue.

Not an issue if you structure the message correctly... "... to reach our receptionist press zero now. Otherwise, remain on the line to be returned to the queue and maintain your priority position."

Edit: this is actually a way to do this. edit the hold music into the wav file within the menu wav file, and make sure that the time of that wav file matches the announcement times in the hunt group (e.g., the call never goes back to the hold music, but stays in the menu). Downside? Call sits on a VM port for the duration that they are in the queue, as do all other calls in that queue. A rather expensive way to resolve the "issue".

GB

Indeed, hold music means it's no longer in VM Pro it's back under the systems control and so DTMF is going nowhere :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back