Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro Upgrade Call Flows

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbjohnson78

Technical User
Nov 1, 2011
US
So... I upgraded VMPro, and chose the save as option and export option. I unfortunately saved the export in the same folder as VMPro. Now that DB is blank. Everything still works but I don't see the call flows anymore. Is there anything I can do? I can see all my call flows in the vmp file, but I have no idea on how to import that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You did it wrong and you also have a corrupted database.
You will have to build it from scratch after a reinstall.
The save as is not a backup and i really do not even know why you can do this.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

+1 for tlpeter's comments

I am not sure why they don't remove this stupid "save as" option if it really does nothing for anyone.

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Johnson said:
and chose the save as option and export option

Did you do both? If so, the export .mdb file might still be in the folder you saved it in, even if it's the program folder.
Search for .mod files too, you might have some that you forgot about.

If you find the export file, copy it to another PC, install VMPro and import the .mdb you just copied. Then you'll see if it's working or not.

PS: Your current config will work as long as you don't make any new call flows/modules. (When you save/make live, it will wipe out all "ghost" modules)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

take a copy of your root.vmp file now!
This is the actual file the VM Pro runs (& is created by save & make live)

you should b able to open this is a text editor to see how the VMP was previously programed (do not try to edit this)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

OK, I did find a slightly older .mdb backup. My question is, if I import this, does this do anything to the mailboxes such as their personal greetings, or will this just update the call flow?

You can import it, but do not save/make live unless you are certain that all callflows, etc are in there.

Much better to make a full copy (everything) and move that to a different computer. Run some tests and see if all flows/grretings/wav's are intact.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I'm sure I'm only missing one call-flow that I can easily redo. As long as everything else works, I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!

Then you got lucky this time[smile]
Recreate the missing flow and make live.

You're welcome!

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back