Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPRO sounds cuts out. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhmarkb

Technical User
Sep 17, 2005
US
Installed a new IP500 V2 6.0 (14)
With a new dell Win 7 Pro vmpro 6.0 (22)
When customer is mail box randomly as you are listing either on speaker or handset or listening to a message left or even the prompts from the system the sound just cuts out you stay connected if you wait long enough the sound comes back. if it cuts out when you are listening to a msg if you hit 5 and back up a few sec it will play more.
Reloaded Vm pro even had 6.0 (44) first. Did a uninstall and went with the (22) just to see if its the copy i had was bad. same thing bith Vers. To save time yes after uninstall I did reboot. Fire wall is off and service diable.
All virus was removed. system is not on Lan plug direct to each other. I left site scratching my head. next step I am looking at is swap out the Dell comp. as per tech support.

Anyone run in to this?

thanks Mark

Never seen this one, try it quickly loaded onto another PC just to test, I imagine it is the pc :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Could try to play with "Autonegotiatio" on the Dell.

Try 100Mb Full or Half DP

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

had this before when the lan port on the ipo was on it's way out. Log into phone manager or SSA and leave it for a bit, see if it drops connection.

ended up swapping the unit out. that was on a %00 though, not a V2

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

I will look at Autonegotiatio on the dell never looked at this in the past. looks like a new comp is going to put in today. Thanks for the feed back..

End result replaced the Dell comp still same problem ended up replacing the Ip office no issues now. Thanks for all the input.

Well he was on the right path. I swapped both lan ports and same issue. The connection to manager never failed. Support thought is was somthing with data flow?? ( I think that means Hey I have no clue lets replace the unit.)
But this site is great thanks for the help.

Tom had it nailed, there really is a first time for everything"

poke it :)

I did exactly the same tbh, moved from lan1 to lan2 to monitor it, lasted about a week before they both crapped out. never had any issues using manager, but a few days into troubleshooting they decided to tell me that phone managers were also dropping out all the time.... that's when the penny dropped.

ACSS-SME
fo shizzle ma nizzle.

Did you get this issue fixed? I am having the same issue and have been for 8 months. I have tried everything flow control new unit etc. Nothing works. There is no flow control issue if I move the OS back to version 5 it works.

Thanks

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back