Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPRO Service stops after 2 hrs or so 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iagaoe

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2006
US
Good afternoon.
Yesterday 1/13 i started experiencing problems with my voicemail pro. I believe its a serivice issue because i can resolve the problem by simply restarting the service.

The only change to the server yesterday was an installation of a windows update (KB972270) Security Update for Windows Server.

I had 3 drops offs yesterday that i know of. I came in this morning and upgraded to Voicemail Pro 5.0(23).

After the install of voicemail pro i unistalled the update (KB972270) and rebooted i have since experienced 2 drop offs of the service.

Now i don't see anything in the logs in voicemail pro\vm\logs folder. I don't see anything in event viewer. I no real idea where to go from here? Should i completely uninstall and reinstall voicemail pro? Uninstall vmpro, reboot, install vmpro, reboot? I need some help please.
Thanks,
Chad

When voicemail fails, what do you get if you dial *17

if you get silence - you have a licence issue.

What system and firmware are you running?

upgraded to Voicemail Pro 5.0(23).

Potentially you may have done more damage than good. This depends on what firmware version you are running

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Evening Tom!

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Well, actually after i posted this i had a light bulb go off....I am in the process of checking on the licences now.

Thank you for the fast replies, i will let you know what i find, i'm logging in now!

Ok, matt my licences are showing invalid. What do you think i should do next?
Im currently on ip 406 ds version 4.4(4)
Should i update to admin 5.0.15?

I believe just the Key server, its a red key. Is there anyway to figure that out without being at the box?
Thanks,

not really. i'll just assume it's not a dongle on the back of the 406 as that wouldn't lose contact.

so if its a usb or a parralel (sp?) i would remove and reinstall the drivers. on the feature key server is there a red box by the clock or a white box with a x through it?

you also want to make sure your voicemail and firmware on the ipo are running at the same level.

Machine has been rebooted, thats why i was logging back in. Licences are still invalid.
Thanks,

Ya tom i'm in the process now of upgrading the firmware. It is odd though that it stopped on its own yesterday. Nothing i have done should have stopped it yesterday, or should have caused the licence to go invalid.

I'll let you know after i do an upgrade.
Thanks

Tom - its a USB key.

Ok, just change the USB slot its in. that will reload the drivers as each USB socket has its own IRQ

It is usb, sorry tom i didn't mention that :)

New Postiagaoe (IS/IT--Management)
14 Jan 10 16:10
I believe just the Key server, its a red key. Is there anyway to figure that out without being at the box?
Thanks,

the red key bit gives it away ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back