Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro Server Edition WAV Files 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KPM2S

Programmer
Sep 22, 2015
US
Guys Im trying to upload WAV files to the Server Edition VM which is just like a UC module. I cant get to the opt folder, but I was able to put them into the File Manager in the VMProCustomPrompts folder, but when I go into VMPro and go to select the file I want, its not showing up there under the Custom Prompts folder.

What is the easiest way to upload files to the VM for the greetings?

I have tried to use WinSCP and Firezilla with no luck cause when i put the admin password in it is still asking me to put in the admin password. This is repetitive.

Did you click on the 'Apply Prompts' icon. The file manager bit in web manager (I think its rubbish) doesn't give direct access to the prompts being used by the voicemail server. Its a sort of cloning operation.

The following is from the manuals:

When the icon_web_manager_make_live Apply Prompts icon is clicked:

•All the prompt files present in the VMProCustomPrompts directory are copied to the Custom Prompts directory (/opt/vmpro/Wavs/Custom Prompts). That is the directory used by the Voicemail Pro application and accessible from within the Voicemail Pro client.

•This is a one-way synch, with the VMProCustomPrompts directory as the master, that is:

•It copies any new files to the Custom Prompt directory.

•It updates any existing files already in the Custom Prompts directory.

•It deletes from the Custom Prompts directory any files no longer present in the VMProCustomPrompts directory.

•It doesn't support:

•Files being recorded directly into the Custom Prompts directory using the Voicemail Pro client.

•Changes to files in the Custom Prompts directory using the Voicemail Pro client.

•The custom numeric prompts used by Queue Position actions. Those can only be added through the actions own settings menu.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I always just upload them using WinSCP to the customprompts folder and then choose that folder within VM Pro.

| ACSS SME |

Please see pics below....
Pic_1_ii0nxh.png
Pic_2_ita4zd.png

They do not show up in the VM side.

Yeah never used that way, just copy them across using WinSCP

| ACSS SME |

Pepp77- the odd thing is I have tried that and when I go to connect it asks me for the Admin password, I enter it and then it asks me again and again and again. I had even changed the password through security settings and I still cant use WinSCP or Firezilla to connect.

Its the local admin password not the one you use to login to webmanager. This can be changed on the 7071 page.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back