Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vmpro seizes to work, PBX reboot fixes problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonraker169

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
on a site i have an ip406 running v4.0 and periodically have the voicemail service stop working even though it is running. the only thing that solves the problem is a reboot of the PBX. i was thinking someone in the branch might be taking the ip address of the pbx. has anybody else seen this happen?

i usually set the services to restart upon failure. i did have this happen once or twice with 4.0 and i upgraded t0n 4.1 or 4.0.11115 and have not had a problem since.

ACA & ACS IPO Implementation
ACA IP Telephony

Make sure the pc isn't set for hybernation or power savings on HD and NIC. When you call voicemail, do you get a busy or dead air?

ACS IPO-I

check your voicemail congestion is SSA under resources.

i get a busy signal when i call vm. i have no hibernate nor any sort of power save mode enabled, but i will check again. i have vmpro v4.0(27). i guess i will try upgrading the vmpro. one thing i notice is that the problems are solved when i reboot the pbx... almost as if the pbx looses connection with vmpro.

oh ok, the upgrade i suggested fixed the dead air that superjenks mentioned i think.

but it couldnt hurt, avaya probably wont help you until it is on the latest release anyway

If you get a busy signal, there is a physical issue with the network connectivity between the IPO and VMPro or the vmpro service is not running at all. If you get dead air, this means the connectivity is good to the server, and the service is running but may not be functional or has issues with licensing. There was a voicemail resource issue with channels as mentioned by the other guys above. If that is the problem the latest 4.1.12 or the PB 4.1.12xxxx should correct it.

ACS IPO-I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back