Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro remote ftp backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonjr88

Vendor
Jun 5, 2011
US
Hey All,

What is everyone using for a remote ftp backup solution for vmpro? I’ve tried couchdrop.io to allow me to save all backups in SharePoint but the backups aren’t coming through correctly and need to find another solution that isn’t a manual process. Thanks!

I back ours up to a NAS located at a remote site with FTP server enabled. This is just the VMPro FTP backups. I also take hourly backups of the server VM itself.

Nnaarrnn, What are you using to perform hourly backups of the server?

nnaarnn said:
I also take hourly backups of the server VM itself.
Wow that seems to be massive overkill
The only thing changing on a VM that regularly should be the contents of the mailboxes.
call flows change rarely if at all so unless they need messages saving fr legal reasons it seems a little unnecessary

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya Remote Support Engineer (A.R.S.E)

IPGuru said:
Wow that seems to be massive overkill

We take hourly backups of all VMs, and the APPS servers are just another VM in the pile.

We're also moving to a CDP (Constant Data Protection) that will have a consistent, rolling backup of every VM down to the 5-minute mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back