Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPRO Questions - Autoattendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

azizaadam

Technical User
Mar 1, 2006
US
Hello all:

1st, I'd like to say how nice it is to actually have a place on the internet where I can see issues with the IP Office. I've been quite dissapointed with Avaya's trouble shooting.

Anyhow, I have two questions regarding voicemail pro.

1. Currently, we have an auto-attendant setup where it will dial the receptionist for 15 seconds before going into a menu. There are a few issues with this. First, I setup an assisted transfer where it rings the receptionist and then goes to the main menu. However, when transferring via assisted transfer the caller does not hear any ringing. Is there a way to turn that on? Or is there a better way than assisted transfer to do this.

2. When I initially setup voicemail pro I had no issues. I ran into a few problems reconfiguring my phone tree and ended up uninstalling voicemail pro and re-installing it because of errors I was receiving in not being able to load call flows. When I set up the voicemail pro for the second time, Users at their extenstions had a welcome message "Welcome to IP Office" and were instructed to enter their extension number. Before, the system recognized their extension and only asked for a password. How do I get the system to recognize extensions once again.

Thanks in advance

Point 1. Do you have music on hold?

Point 2. In Sourcecodes is there an entry?

So Ext 201
In Sourcecode V201

If this is not here then from what I can see of your note it is seeing the mailbox user but is not a "Trusted Source

I22byt1

Thanks for your response. There is not currently any music on hold. If I do add music, will the caller at least hear that?

Your answer to the second point led me to realize that when I re-installed voicemail pro, the collect module was empty. I added a get mail action and that solved the issue.

Thanks!

Adding music on hold will cure this. We have some sites where we have a ring back .wav one of our engineers recorded. Works and absolute treat.

Could you explain the voicemail thing? It seems you accidentally accomplished what I've been unable to do on purpose. I've programmed a 'voicemailcollect' button on each phone, but it automatically enters the mailbox without prompting for a PIN Code. I've removed the V{ext} from the sourcelist for each user, but it still enters the mailbox without prompting for a pin.

I'd like the button to access that user's mailbox directly, but still prompt them for their PIN. That way a user who was on vacation wouldn't have to worry about someone else listening/deleting/etc their voicemail. I don't want users prompted to "Please enter your extension" though.

Thanks,
Andrew

May I interject.

We had the same problem w/ ringing on assisted transfer. We recorded a holdmusic.wav file, and uploaded it and the caller would then hear ringing. Problem is, when you put someone on hold, they also hear ringing.

Took me a lot of playing around, but we set two modules for each AA (we have about 44 (x2) AA on our main VM Pro server to cover all 42 sites). Let me elaborate:

Manager:
Main DID for this example is 4400
Incoming route: 4400 -> "VM:OfficeIncoming"
Hunt group 3000 has the operators phone in a group ring w/ VM on the hunt group.

VM Pro:
Module: OfficeIncoming
Start point goes to an open hours condition:
-True -> Transfer (to hunt group 3000)
-False -> goto OfficeAttendant (VM Pro module, below)
Create a Group leave point for the hunt group:
Start Point -> goto OfficeAttendant modeul
Module: OfficeAttendant
This is the regular AA for everything else. Has a press 0 which is a goto to the OfficeIncoming module for returning to the operator, etc.

Might seem complex, but it allows us to have regular ringing on the main line (not a wav file) and our regular custom music on hold from our external device. Had many complaints with the wav file due to the ringing while on hold... now we have none.

------------------
Michael Wilson
Dir. of I.T.
REMAX Allegiance

Password Avoidance on IPO VM Pro

1 Make sure the useres sorce nmbers contains an entry V<Extn No.>

If you are using VM Lite or VM Por in IP Office mode this is all that is required.

If you are forced to use Intuity mode (Many new VM Pro features are Intuity only :-( ) the you need to add a default start point for Collect
link this start point to a GetMail action with the specific tab set to Callers extn (This is the default) & all will be fine

Thanks IPGuru, but you've got it backwards from what I want. I don't want to avoid the password, I want users to ALWAYS have to enter their password, even from their own extension. I want to avoid the 'Please enter your extension' prompt when a user checks voicemail from their own phone.

Example:
User A is assigned to extension 1225.
When User A hits their voicemail button on phone 1225 they are prompted for a PIN and then enter directly into their mailbox.

Thanks,
Andrew

follow my example above but remove the V<Extn No> from the useres, Source Numbers
I havent tested yet but it should work

I've already done that, but it still allows direct voicemail access. I read elsewhere that by default each extension is automatically a trusted source for their associated voicemail box even if there is no V<ext> entry in the sourcenumber list.

I don't know where this 'default' is set, or if it can be modified. I've tried creating a shortcode for voicemail collect that automatically sends the ext number, but it doesn't work.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back