Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro - Picking up Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Merritt

Systems Engineer
Dec 18, 2017
GB
I have VMPro picking up the Announcements from IP Office, I want the system to Call a group for say 30 seconds, but if not answer I need it to drop the call to the original groups Mailbox,
Example would be:

Incoming call group 5051 - 20 seconds delay on IP Office, then VMPro picks up the call (using Queues), Tries to pass to 5052 for 30 seconds, if answered fine, if no answer send to Voice Mail:5051

Is this possible?

Thanks

Kevin

That is sort of the function of overflow groups... Except it doesn't need VMP to answer anything. Rings grp 1 for so long, rings grp 2 so long, and will always go to the original target's mail box when the no answer timer expires.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I have tried that. but for some reason, IPOffice Overflow will not send the call to the Overflow group.
Maybe I need to reboot servers and hope that might work again.

the timer for overflow only works when queuing is turned on, if not the it gets weird with no answer timers and luck (the overflow timer) when the call actually overflows

Also make sure that you do not send the calls anywhere else when they are listening to the Announcements and are in the queued or still queued start point.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Joe, I would disagree. In the 17 years I installed IPOs I never once used queuing. Just overflow groups. You just need the original grp NA timer to be longer than the Overflow timer. Never had an issue.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@budbyrd
I never had any luck with the timing on it unless I used the queuing or if left off tried out with test calls to get the timing right.
But I have never had a great memory for stuff like that and forget from one to the next time what I used :)

Now however you have ignited my curiosity and I will play with my system over the weekend and see if I can get it working. Then of course I will get it, see the correlation and hate myself for not having seen this earlier.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back