Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro PC Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

colpot

Technical User
Jan 20, 2006
GB
We have a Customer who uses VM to front calls in 16 languages to 2 depts. We had a problem where the VM Server would hang and need to be rebooted. We loaded VM and Manager onto a laptop and ran for a week without any problems. I have returned to site and loaded VM and Manager onto a clean PC with only the VM running on it and the PC has hung twice since yesterday.
System Config is as follows
IP406 ver 3.2.54 with 8DS and 2Alog on control unit
DIG DCPx30 V2
DIG DCPx16 V2

PC Win XP Pro 2002 SP2 Pentium 4 3GHz with 480MB Ram
Laptop WinXP Pro2002 SP2 Intel Core 2 CPU 1.66GHz 504MB

I have the PC plugged directly into the IPO as I thought it may be the Customers Switch. However it still hung whilst connected directly. IPO is on customers network as they have 4 x Phone Manager Users.

Any Ideas?

Colpot ACA:Implement
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

Hi,

We got the same issue.
One of my BP implemented a VMPro with a lot of chained assisted transfers.
VMPro worked fine for few hours and then the PC "freezed",becoming very slow. VMPro process showed 50 or 99% CPU activity.

BP installed VMPro in another PC. Same problem!
Both PC were XP Pro SP2.

According to an old tech bulletin, BP deactivated "Microsoft Automatic Updates".

Then the issue occured less frequently, one or two times a week...

Finally, we tried w/ another OS (Win200 Pro Sp4).
No prolem since that.

I guess there is an issue with VMPRo assisted transfer and XP Pro...

However, I'm interested in any feedback regarding this issue.

WHen you changed OS, did you load the old MDB, and wavs, so you know the setup was exactly the same? Did you have all the FW, AV, WIN updates set the same?

IN CAPS FOR A REASON
WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE, TRANSFER SOFTWARE, LOAD SOFTWARE, AND INSTALL SOFTWARE
TURN OFF YOUR ANTI-VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT CAN MESS THINGS UP.

The VM is running ok on the laptop with XP Pro SP2 and has not had to be reset. Awaiting Avaya test results.

Colpot ACA:Implement
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

What is the CPU usage on the Laptop? I have a workstation and CPU averages around 40%. Messages are becoming choppy. The system was fine for 2+ years but in the last month... things have gone "south".

-ski

gebski,
My experience the items that fail after two years are in this order.
Fragemented, or failing hard drives-defrag, or test hard drives.
corrupt VMPRO config, or corrupt OS-try re-install either.

hardware issue with PC.

Check all the settings in VMPRO, and IPO for user made changes before breaking open the case on the PC, or re-installing VMPRO, or OS. I copy the configs to a usb drive before I leave sites, so I have record of their previous configs, and can just restore things. They may lose some changes, but if it gets things rolling because it fixes some errant change, oh well. The more recent changes can always be redone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back