Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro Licenses Invalid in manager 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned7077

MIS
May 24, 2004
Late last week, VMPro was dropping offline, but the service was running and no errors in event viewer, so I checked the system out and thought it was an incompatability with 1 or several MS updates released. Long story short is I came in the office Tuesday and decided to upgrade the system to 3.2.17 and did that successfully and then it dawned on me it could be a licensing problem. Sure enough, 4 Port Vmail Pro and additional 4 port Vmail Pro licenses are both invalid. What do I have to do to recover these? Unfortunately the vendor we bought the system from in 2002 no longer sells or supports Avaya products. Any ideas? I have old configs dating back to 2004 if needed.
I have the feature key server running with a parallel HW lock attached. This is a Windows XP Pro SP2 machine.

Thank you for any insight.

I forgot to say this is a IPO 406v1 with 8 port VMPro (at least last week it was)

Is the Key Server software all happy? no / through it?

If the feature key software is running & seeing the Dongle (red icon in system tray) then it is a communitcation error to the IPO
Check your firewall setting on the licence key PC also check that the IPO is looking to the correct IP Address

Firewall is off and the the key server sees the dongle. In manager the license for VMPro 4 Port shows instances of 255 instead of 4 as well as invalid. The additional 4 Ports shows the correct quantity.

Who can I contact to resolve this? Can I contact Avaya directly or do I have to call a Avaya Vendor, or am I completely up a creek?

The inital VM Pro server (4 port) licence does show as 255 when installed.

I would now check your IPO config to ensure that the licence server IP address has been correctly specified
also make sure you can ping the IPO from the Key Server PC.

Your problem is 100% a data connectivity issue

Yes I can ping it from the VM PC. That PC is connected to the IP Office switch and has a static IP address. The VM IP is configured under system in manager correctly. There is no firewall running on the VMPro PC. The feature key is a parallel port device.

If I open a config file I have from 7/31 in 3.1.65 offline, the licenses show as valid.

It is not the VM ip addess that needs chacking it is the licence Server IP Address that needs to be correct

Licences should not need changing between V3.1 & V3.2 but you could try deleting them then reinserting them.

I've had success going into the license server IP address field and changing the entry to 255.255.255.255 - then, reboot/immediate - then change back to the proper IP address of the license server - and again reboot. Hold your breath, check the licenses, hope to see "valid."

CZ

IPGuru,
license server IP is correct, and deleting and reinserting did not work. I will try ipofficeinfoDOTcom's solution when there's no one on line.

I have had this issue as well and rebooting should cure the problem. It could take a couple of times but they will come back. I always alternate between a reboot and a merge but after a couple of times the licenses will show as valid again.

OK I have rebooted 4 times, re entered the license #s, removed the dongle and put it back, rebooted the VM server, re entered the IP of the license server under system, and changed the port on our main network switch that the IPO is connected to and still have invalid licenses. If someone told me to give the IPO a hug I'd try that. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Ned

Run the Avaya firewall batch file on your VM Pro computer (even though firewall is off, this may still help?). Also, in the Manager, if you can afford another reboot, remove the entry from the license server field - just leave blank. Reboot, check licenses, then hug. If still no "valid" - enter the broadcast address and reboot again.

This has always been touchy for me on certain installs. As PHins711 states, they should come back with a little "shaking"

CZ

You are still using the same dongle you had originaly arnt you? (we are now getting desperate)

I just wrote this long post to help you out and it was lost when I submitted it.

Basically, if one license is good and the other is bad, then I doubt there is a connectivity issue between anything. I am willing to bet your license string is not valid against the your License Dongle.... If it is validating one license, there is connectivity.

On another note, when you look at license's in "offline" mode, the license will always show valid. But its not actually validating anything in "offline" mode.

The dongle is the same as before. We bought the system 10/2002 running 1.2 and then quickly to 1.4 I believe. Then our vendor decided to drop Avaya products and support and I've dealt with it ever since. The PC is the same and both keys are invalid. Bummer about offline.

ipofficeinfoDOTcom,
Sorry for my ignorance, where do I find the Avaya firewall batch file? I will try your suggestions asap.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back