Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vmpro licence from 403 to ip500

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomboy10

Technical User
Feb 1, 2009
GI
May be upgrading a 403 with a 4 channel vmpro licence to a ip500. Can i use the dongle with the 403, attached to a pc? or does all the licensing need to be on the 500 feature key.?
Also from what I gather, VMpro only directs 1 incoming line to a choice of 4 extensions. would embedded voicemail do that , or what are my options?

Cheers Tom

You can go back to your distributor and get the licence keys transfered to the new IP 500 smart card, you will have to send back the IP 403 key to be destroyed though

Robb

1) The licence needs to be changed onto the smart card for the 500 which will also need an upgrade to Pro licence on it to use the VM in the first place.
2)I don't know where you got that from VMPro does a hell of a lot more than that, see and for more info.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

There is now way to use a seperate licence key for a 500, without the smart card it will not boot up at all and there is no where to enter a licence server address anyway.

As for your other options, VM Lite is free but you need the upgrade to Pro licence on the 500 to use it,it also only has 4 ports to use which can't be increased, and that costs more than an embedded card which while much better than Lite as you can use attendants still only has 4 ports which can't be increasedand is not a patch on VM Pro.

Why even think about anything else, youv'e already paid for VM pro. Just get the license transferred to the IP500.

Unless you are intending on trying to sell the IP403/VM Pro on ebay!!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Thanks Guys,

Soiunds as if transferring the licence is the best option. I will ask the supplier to do this when I make the purchase.
Thanks Again Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back