Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro Day Night and Holiday greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccctech

Vendor
Nov 3, 2005
US
Have IPO 406v2 3.1(65) and VMPro 3.1(21)
Customer wants to answer incoming calls live then roll to day greeting after 5 rings. Also be able to control Night and Holiday greeting with a button. I am able to get the day greeting to pickup fine. I am routing incoming calls to Main Hunt group with a Night Fallback "Night" hunt group with voice mail and the Out of Service Fallback to a "Holiday" hunt group with voice mail. I am using the buttons Set Hunt Hunt Group Night Service and Out of Service to activate or deactivate the feature. When I call the main number and it is in either Night or Out of Service mode it will go to the "Day" greeting immediately NOT the night or holiday greeting. I can call the individual "Night" or "Holiday" greeting and they answer correctly. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong or another way to accomplish this would be appreciated.

DO you have VM Pro???

Jamie Green

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

VMPro 3.1(21)"

He does from what he posted for version details.

I find it hard to offer advice with this scenario’s personally because I am not that experienced as well there are so many variables to consider.

I had to set something up very similar and I would check your short codes. I may be completely off here but it sounds like to me the button / short code you have programmed is controlling the VM change incorrectly. Your mapping could be right but the SC's are not proper.

I setup this doctor's office that had 5 "companies" with different hours and staffing levels......phew it was a mess to figure out. However, I ended up setting conditions for each scenario, day, night, holiday, after hours etc. The call flow was all over the place. I simply used "test user variables" to route according to what button was on and off. I created a true short code and a false short code so and assigned that button to the VM SC.

I had to play around a bit to figure that each variable had for each company had to be complete different and unique short codes as one ext ended up controlling all the company's hours when triggered.

Hope this little info helps point you in the direction to solve your problem if it relates at all.

Thanks Jackal999, I played around with the conditions and I am able to change the modes with this method. Since I am using a 5420 set, I am able to lable the buttons with Day, Night, and Holiday. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back