Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPRO (Centos) on Hyper-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
Has anyone tried running VPMPRO (Centos) on Hyper-V? Is the configuration supported?

I don't think it is supported on release 9.0 or higher. Works fine on 8.1 and prior, as long as the host has sufficient resources, and you allocate those resources to the virtual machine in Hyper-V.

I'm still trying to find a good upgrade path for the Vmail Pro application server from 8.1 > 9.1. Hate to invest in a VMware solution when clients don't already have it.

Richard, the link you provided is for the Windows version, but he is asking about the CentOS (Linux) version, which (from what I can tell by the tech bulletins and deployment guides) is now a component of Server Edition. Basically, the Linux version of Voicemail Pro and One-X Portal runs on Server Edition core, even if you don't have licensing for Server Edition. To install, you boot into Server Edition installation and select "Application Server" mode. Server Edition is only supported on a dedicated server, or on VMware.

And please tell me if I'm wrong! I've been trying to find a good upgrade path for older versions of Application Server that are already running on Hyper-V. Booting from the installation DVD or ISO in Hyper-V results in a kernel panic, and upgrading via RPM upload to the existing installation has been problematic.

You are wrong.
The ova file is VMware only.
The iso can be used for hyper-v.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Most nationalisation software should work (We did have problem with a customer running some citrix Virtual environment once)

I do a lot of testing using VirtualBox as there is an open source free version available

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thanks tlpeter! I'll keep fighting until I figure it out! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back