Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro & Delta Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2005
US
I want to use Delta Server to tell me which options people press in my AutoAttendant. Delta Server is working and in my AutoAttend module I've modified the "Reporting" tab on several actions and filled in some info and checked "Flag the current call has been answered by voicemail". I've searched the archives, what am I missing? I don't get any info from VMPro in Delta Server

>I think those settings are for CCC

Correct!

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

OK, so is there no way for VMPro to give info to Delta Server?

Or is there any way (besides the email function in VMPRO) to have it report somewhere (text file?)

OK... (this feels a bit like Abbott & Costello) if I don't have CCC, just Delta Server, am I outta luck? I'm sorry if I'm completely missing something here...

Unless you have CCC you are out of luck.

Just to re-iterate, you cannot analyse your VM Pro call flows using delta server; to do that you need CCC

Take Care

Matt

OK, thanks for that info. I might try two things - vbscript or email. Right now I have one callflow that emails me when certain options are used, I may try to use vbscript to log vmpro actions to a file. Anyone have experience with that?

seriously, the vbscript license will cost you almost as much as a basic ccc license, but with less hassle.

if customer wants it customer will have to get correct type - stop complicating things

me said:
Unless you have CCC you are out of luck.

Just to re-iterate, you cannot analyse your VM Pro call flows using delta server; to do that you need CCC

I've just thought a bit more about this...

CCC neatly packages this up and makes it easy.

but,

If you install the MSDE data base from CCC and link it to deltaserver the information will be captured. Quite how you extract it from the database will involve some investigation of the database tables.

@all
Do you need a licence for CCC reporting?

Take Care

Matt

Not trying to complicate things... but this customer just doesn't know what they want. Which is why they're asking tek-tips :^) Anyway... didn't know vbscript required a license... so I'm back to spend some money or the email action. I don't mind spending the money. Vendor is long gone, we've been DIY for a few years now. What's a basic CCC setup, and what would I order (part #) and does CBC (which we have a license for) help in this case?

i found cbc usefull, i burned it to a cd and put my tea on it.

CBC gives you little more than a few pie charts or graphs similiar to what you see in system status.

ACS - IP Office Implement

>i found cbc usefull, i burned it to a cd and put my tea on it.

Snigger...

Take Care

Matt

I have installed both CBC and CCC for customers. I agree that CBC makes a good coaster. CCC will do exactly what you want. It can generate reports on menu selections. Very handy to see what callers are selecting. It also has a number of other reports that you may find handy like how many calls are handled by a hunt group, how long did callers wait before their call was answered and how long did they talk once the call was answered. Reports can be viewed as needed or scheduled to be emailed as frequently as you like.

You should know that CCC will be replaced with a new product soon. The expected date for that product is December of 2009. There are few details on the product but the upgrade path, if any, is uncertain.

CCC will not be replaced by SBCC, SBCC has not have all the features CCC has.
CCC will be discontinued only when SBCC can fully replace CCC.
The release date for SBCC is delayed for many months and it is not sure when it will be released.

Great to know... two more questions relating to my original post:

* is it possible to install CCC (not licensed) and just pull data from the database as mattknight wonders? (I assume no, but I need something beyond conjecture, I suppose I shall try if no one knows)
* if no, what's the simplest configuration of CCC that I need for just one person looking at the data from one VMPro server, and what's that part #?

Thanks all,
-Blanton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back