Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPRO 7.0(19) multiple instances of the same VM message

Status
Not open for further replies.

rm81

Programmer
May 15, 2009
GB
HI All,

We have a client with a voicemail pro 7.0(19) who has reported recently since the upgrade of their system which is now on 7.0(12) and VMPRO 7.0(19)that users across the 3 sites on the SCN are recieving multiple copies of the same voicemail message. (Basic description of site layout below)
Site A: x1 IP500 v2 controller, VMPRO (centralised withn scn)
Site B: x1 Ip500 V1 controller 7.0(12)
Site C: x1 IP500 V1 Controller 7.0(12)
Contact store app recording calls at all 3 sites
Basically what appears to be happening is that a user will receive a voicemail notification with the relevant WAV attached and then multiple instances of the same message will appear.. sometimes up to 11 or 12 copies.(in most occasions once the wav is listened to and cleared this stops any further duplicate messages)
the messages recieved appear to relate to both huntgroup and indvidual user mailboxes and happens across the 3 sites indicating either VMPRO or the local exchange server causing the issue.

Checked the voicemail pro error log file which does not show any errors relating to the mail relays
Feedback from the end users IT support is that they cannot find anything wrong on the exchange side to identify the issue

I'm thinking at this stage of using an external SMTP to see if the issue clears proving or disproving the exchange as the cause

Has anyone encountered this type of issue before?

Thoughts and ideas appreciated

Thanks for your time purple stars for this one :)

Knowledge....makes your head hurt

Could it be that you record the calls and those calls are send by email?
Then it could be possible that those recordings are too big to email.
But with using contact store you do not need them emailed so i am not sure that this is happening.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hi tlpeter

thanks for the reply, they used to have call recording enabled which as you state was emailed out however upon the installation of the contact store solution we disabled this and now anyone who needs access to recordings has a logon for CS, however relevant voicemails are mailed to individual users or distribution groups for hunt group voicemails.

Exchange wise i've been informed that they have no limit on file attachments.

I've never seen this before and it has only occured since installing contact store and upgrading to version 7 but even then it didnt do it straight away.

Hi Again all,

interesting development to the issue experienced, after ammending and then changing back to the exchange server IP address, when verifying the voicemail pro email settigns and account details i am being returned the following error "Failed to connect to mail server (SMTP),error 10061.

I did some digging and found that this error normally relates to another process or service running on port 25, checking using netstat -an i cannot see anything on the local machine, also following on a from an older thread i downloaded and checked using Currports, however nothing seems to be running on port 25.

I backed and carried out a repair of the vmpro (7.0(19) however the issue persists has anyone any experience in resolving this issue?

Nothing network wise has been changed simpky ammended the outgoing smtp for testing and then reverted back to the LAN ip of exchange

Thanks and regards

Error 10061 is not always another process it just means that the connection was actively refused.

Most Exchange SMTP scenarios I've seen the Exchange server is set up so that it accepts any unauthenticated SMTP from the LAN side. I have also seen this stop working after "nothing was changed." Sometimes the "nothing" was a patch, a server restart, even a full version upgrade to Exchange. There is a difference between "nothing changed" and "nothing should have changed." I doubt they never install any security updates for Windows or Exchange so something changes everytime they install a patch, update the spam filter database or software, etc.

I suspect that your original problem is that you are not receiving proper confirmation that the email was sent so it resends thinking there was a transmission problem even though the email was received. Could be a timeout setting, maybe something that only happens for attachments over a certain size, time of day thing when the Exchange server is getting hammered?

Unfortunately, even if the issue is originating on your end you probably need them to fix it. You have like 4 fields you can change and they have an entire mail server worth of settings to play with.

Help !!!!

I am having the exact same issue with a client running IPO 7.0.12 with VM Pro 7.0.28

VM Pro was recently upgraded to build above to try and solve this but it did not work, though the client now claims they are getting every VM in duplicate to their email rather then repeated copies over and over.

Haven't upgrade IPO Yet to 7.0.27, but wondering if it will make a difference as the IP Office itself is not sending the emails.

Note that everything was perfectly fine with 7.0.12 for about 3 months which was when the client was upgrade from 6.0.x and when an SCN Site was added.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

Anyone????

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Superikey.

You better use a version that belongs to each other.
I used 7.0.27 on an IPO and 7.0.23 vmpro.
When i used a pincode then the pincode request was done but the message for the menu was played straight after it.
I upgraded vmpro to 7.0.28 and it was gone.

Although vmpro 7.0.28 gives problems when you record a message by the phone and then hang up instead of clicking the stop button in the client.
The whole client gets stuck and need to be forced to close.

BAZINGA!

We enabled logging for VM-Pro and it send the email fine and only once to the SMTP Server.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

I've seen this often when a message, and it only takes one, exceeded the maximum attachment size and causes the transmission to terminate before it is complete. VMP will then retry over and over to send that message, and all messages after it without success.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

So we got this working
We cant say what the exact fix was, but by setting up HMAIL SMTP Server on the VM Server, and pointing VM Po to use local SMTP on it, the problem was resolved.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

But when you try to set max length it dosent remember? any fixes?

I am not sure which versions have this bug but it is a known bug.

BAZINGA!

www.lantel.nl
logolantel.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back