Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro 4.1 stops after logging off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABCIP

Programmer
Jul 24, 2007
US
Someone has to have seen this. i have installed this on 4 different machines to find that after logging off the machine, the service stops. Anyone??

Is the VMpro Service set to log on manually or automatic??

Check power settings. VM will stop if PC goe to "sleep"

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Go to the services.
Right click on "VMProDBService" click tab Logon en mark the lokale systemaccount.
do the same for "Voicemail Pro Service"

greetzz...Bas

Thanks guys, but thats the simple stuff that is fine. i have tried it on 4 different 2003 Servers. all do the same. it stops the second you logoff the machine. has anyone put this on 2003 server or 2003R2 Server?

Are you using a feature key?

yes and no problems like you mention abcip. running as a service means run as service as you are well aware. i would check the user rights of the domain you are logged onto. ask them to change you to admin for time being, do a test.

alternatively, create a domain user, and set the vmpro to run as that instead of local user.

it's definetly not a vmpro issue.

I am having the same issue with VM Pro 4.1. This is not my first VM Pro install, but it is my first 4.1 install.

this is a good example where it probably is something simple but ABCIP hasn't updated the thread to help others like turboman.

Never seen this on any release of VM Pro.

Our's is 4.1 on 2003SBS no issues.

Would love to know if he found the problem.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

These people are running VMPRO as a service and use a local account + allow said service to interact with desktop. When set up like this the service will not start until you logon by actually entering a user name and password & it will also stop when you logoff.

The cure is to create a user and password to run the service, and do away with the local account stuff.

------------------------------------------
Wash, rinse, repeat.

I guess some techs are not listening on the training course when the instructor says "we will set it up like this on the course so we can see what is happening but on a real site set it up ...."

Way back I even saw them installed as applications for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back