Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPRO 11.1.2.3 number of new messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcc1000

Vendor
Aug 26, 2013
US
Hello all,
Have a VMPRO system at a City Hall that has a water department & their phones ring constantly.
Only three staff to answer so numerous times calls end up in a mailbox that they check as much as they can, also copies to an email.
They are wanting the mailbox to be full after around 33 new messages (previous Mitel system was 50)
Most of the messages are duplicate of same persons asking when they are getting a call back irritating the staff.
They said most of the time they barely listen to the message(s) & delete knowing it was same person that they already listen to previously.
It's not always the same person, it's all different people that do the same thing.
One day one of the staff was off of work & they had 120 new messages during the day.
At night I have callers going to different mailbox for callers not able to leave messages.

All I see in housekeeping is delete new messages after 0 hours.
Can you set a maximum of messages (33) where when it hits that new callers hear mailbox is full?

Thanks in advanced & any help is greatly appreciated.

Why don’t you implement call queuing…
Implement there position in the queue and estimate time to answer.
Play back holding messages regarding the call waiting time
Allow option to breakout of queue to leave a message if desired or stay in queue.
Then as last resort refer them to a mailbox.

Your callers may appreciate this as they can decide wether to hold on or go to a mailbox

If I remember you can set the mailbox recording length..
Estimate how long each message is and set the mailbox length to a time that would roughly allow 33 messages

Thanks snowman,
Didn't see that in the System Preferences under the General tab, Max call record length, I was always looking under Housekeeping.
Dropped that down from default 3600 to 2000 seconds.
That should make them happy.
Don't think they would like the queuing idea & sounds like most callers would choose going to the mailbox the way the staff acts, but thanks for giving me the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back