Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMI's can't do trunk to trunk transfer?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevjb

MIS
Jun 13, 2003
US
Does anyone know how to work around problem of VMI's not allowing trunk to trunk transfers?

System config: MICS 6.0 s/w with PRI and DID's with Octel voicemail interfaced via VMI's.

Scenario is using the "attendant option" (a.k.a "0"-out option) of Octel to allow a caller to press "0" at an individual's greeting to transfer call to an outside number, like a cell phone. You can do this to any internal extension number, but not outside the system (system just connects after doing the *70). You can transfer or call forward incoming outside calls from the Norstar system to another outside number, just can't do it through the VMI's. I've also tried connecting just an analog set to the VMI port, and still cannot transfer outside call to another number outside the system (just disconnects) - works fine from a port on ASM.

As a test, I was able to put an internal extension in the "0"-out field of the Octel and forward that internal phone set to the cell phone number, which works and keeps both the incoming outside call and transferred outside call up. This doesn't really solve the problem, I just did it to make sure Octel is transferring and system is transferring outside calls - it seems to be the VMI's which don't allow two outside lines to be connected.

im not very familiar with Octels VM but here at our corp. offices I have a Seimens hicomm 300 with Rolm Phonemail and I know to allow a trunk to trunk xfer here there COS both on the switch and in VM have to allow T2T XFER.

Like I said tho I am not very familiar with octel so this is just a guess

If I said it, It has to be true.
Mario Mazza

Both the Octel and Norstar allow t2t xfer, it appears the VMI's do not. Does your system use the Norstar VMI's (voice mail interface modules) for the signal path between the switch and the vmail system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back