Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vMCD rel 5 - BLF limit of 439 Groups? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
I just hit the limit of 439 BLF groups on a vMCD.

This seems arbitrarily low to me.

I swear I've programmed systems with more DN's than that.

I know I can change the Dimentions but I don't really want to go there unless I have to.

Has anyone else hit this limit?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

According to the THB - the value is configurable from 2-5000

I'm going ahead with redimensioning but I don't like it.

BLF?

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Yes BLF.

You can only have 439 unique BLF's on a system before hitting the limit.

Yep, ran into the same problem while rolling out an MXe Server running 9.0 with 2500 users on it. Borrowed 10,000 independant account codes from dimensions to bump it up to 900, and we've actually got about 550 in use.

I usually go with account codes too but the byte size made that difficult
Each account code is 12bytes compared to 644 bytes for BLFs. 10000 account codes wouldn't even add 200 BLFs on rel 5.0. You might want to be cautious if you ever upgrade that system Lundah.

What I chose were the Broadcast Groups which have 9000 by default with 1000 in use on my system but the key point being that they each have 1571bytes
184 broadcast groups added 446 BLFs

Note: numbers quoted above are from memory and may not be exact (but theyre close)

Still working on getting MCD 4.0 out here (large customer, we still have 25 MX controllers to swap out!), but I'll definitely try to keep that nugget in the back of my mind, thanks.

we have hit this issue quiet a few times and always modify the broadcast groups.
touch wood (and without wanting to tempt fate) it has never come back to bite us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back