Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vMCD in License Violation Due to Failed AMC Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jab06

Systems Engineer
Feb 22, 2021
US
VMCD 7.2.1.24 MSL 10.3.38.0 SWA has expired in June. Sync failed 197 times. and the system is now in LicViolation. I had the VAR clear th HW ID on the AMC and the sync still failed. I had the VAR call the AMC and they directed them to Support which turned them away due to SWA status.
1. Is the sync failure due to the SWA ststus?
2. Is there a safe way to clear the activation on the msl server and resync?
3. I was under the impression that this would not happen to an already licensed arid...their licensing should not be affected or system impacted for not syncing with the AMC. Is this the case?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

has it had the amc certificate patch installed

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

If you had them clear the hardware ID then you will need to deactivate service link and re-sync. If that server reboots though I strongly anticipate it will come up unlicensed or system lock. I would recommend first SSH to MSL and login as root and ssh to sync.mitel-amc.com if you get a permission response back then it is likely it would sync (typing yes will come up with an error but not a sign of an issue), if not does it resolve the name? try ssh to 216.191.234.91 if not.

As Billz66 said has the certificate been applied? Possibly that but you will need to rectify this sync issue

vmcd has a time period for lack of syncs
- to stop people from deploying the same server multiple times
your server must be allowed to reach the licensing server
- outgoing ssh connection using 22 443 and last resort 8222
destination is register.mitel-amc.com , sync.mitel-amc.com and for ver 7 blades.mitel-amc.com
all should resolve to 216.191.234.91
test ndlookup of the name , try and ping them , you can telnet to them as a test

and as chrismitel said

you can test this from console - login as root
ssh-keyscan sync.mitel-amc.com

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back