Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vMCD 3300 one way audio 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcilnay

Programmer
Sep 20, 2006
US
Need help with one way audio issue. I have a school district, multiple buildings all running IP phones off a virtual MCD 3300 . I'm only having issues with 2 schools when an intercom call is made they get one way audio. It's always school B that can't hear school A. Also if school A calls out on a trunk to school B the audio is fine. I'm sure the problem is in the customer's network, but I don't have the knowledge to direct them on the problem. Thanks in advance.

The majority of the time the problem is an incorrect gateway. Check what gateway is programmed on your IP Phones at school A.
You are correct in assuming it is a network problem. 90% of the time it will be in incorrect gateway setting.

Either the Gateway for A does not know how to route to B, or The phones at A have the wrong gateway in their DHCP scope.

Once the call is answered the the phones talk peer to peer.

Try setting up a laptop at each location on the voice network and do a tracert.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I left out that each building has a cx controller that the ip phones fail over to if the WAN is down. This being said, I logged into the CX at A, tracert to IP phone at B and compared it to a tracert at building C (working route). There was a route missing. I contacted the network admin, he says he didn't change anything, but wanted me to try the trace again. Low and behold it was hitting the proper route now. He is certain it was a corrupt entry in the ARP table. I think he's full of it, but what do you think?

That he is full of it. :0

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Performing a tracert between controllers does not test connectivity between phones.

The phones do not talk through the controller. Once the call is answered, the phones talk peer to peer.

Oh and yes, your IT guy is full of it.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back