Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Yellow LED on solid

Status
Not open for further replies.

systemkeeper

Technical User
Apr 2, 2002
US
I have a Messaging R1 card that keeps the LED on yellow instead of green. I changed the card with a new one and the same thing happens. Whats up. I have two cards in the 5 card cage. ACS and Messaging in the slot to the right.

Hi systemkeeper,
The rules for the voicemail card are the same as all other cards. You must populate from the left slot across to the right with the exception of the proc. card wich goes in the middle slot.
The reason you have a yellow light is that the card didn't initialize. The processor stops "looking" after the first blank slot is reached. Therefore, it won't talk to the voicemail card. The voicemail can not initialize then.
-Chris

I had not heard of that rule. Dumb ACS. Seems it would know when a card and what kind is in it slots. It does when you remote in. Thanks, that cleared the yellow LED, but I set the ext (#505) to 22,23 they ring when dialed,no answer, dialing 777 will not pickup the sweet ladys voice that welcomes me to Messaging.

What next? As you can tell I have limited number of brain cells commited to learning this system (I am still learning).

Hi systemkeeper,
You have the wrong ports programmed for vm. The correct ports would be 18 and 19. I think the sweet lady will talk to you now.
-Chris

itpphoneguy,

I heard that sweet lady after putting in 18,19. The manual I was looking at said to use 22,23 if the VM card was in the first slot. Is this a typo or a differant system or am I missreading it? The front of the manual says Partner Mail VS, Voice Messaging System, release 5. I was on pageD-4 fig D-3.

Thanks for the info, you have been right on target!!!!

Hi systemkeeper,
It never helps when your info is wrong. They moved the vm ports to the beginning ports starting with the R1. If you had a VS, you would have had no problem. Glad you got it going!
-Chris

You mayb have been looking at a PartnerMail VS book, VS uses the last extensions in what the processor sees as a 206 card(the vmail) Partner messaging uses the first extensions in the 206 group.

Hey guys... I have same problem, but have the configuration all good I think.. I just installed the system a day ago and LED was solid green. Left running overnight without programming 505 and now solid yellow. Partner ACS R6 with Partner Messaging R6. Removed Messaging Module from carrier and did a 989CLEAR. Then put Messaging module back into carrier leftmost slot, programmed up 505 Hunt Group 7 for extensions 18 and 19. Still solid yellow LED.. Any other suggestions before I send back as defective?

989CLEAR the R6, see if there's a corruption of the R6 data.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already done that... But the thoughts about what the yellow LED meant were helpful. It turns out that the ACS processor module wasn't seated well in the cabinet. I had been reseating the VM stuff, but not the ACS. I'm not sure who polls who, but obviously the two have to communicate. Reseating the ACS module cleared the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back