Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM transfer line choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomboy10

Technical User
Feb 1, 2009
GI
Hi All,

first time with VM pro, latest version. I have set up an automated transfer. which works ok. EG prompt to press 1,2,3,4 ,,,, 3 routes go to satelite offices and the other is internal. This works ok, only problem being,two of the external numbers, use a sip line and it does not appear to work. I dont mind not using the sip line, any recomendations? can i tell vmpro to use a cerain line? whats the best option?

Much appreciated as usual, tom

so you have transfer actions to external numbers?

try using assisted transfer instead of transfer.

i have never tried it but i know you cant transfer to shortcodes using a transfer action, only with an assited transfer

arsene knows......

everything. apart from the importance of depth in a squad. and what a chequebook looks like......

Hey Tom, you can transfer to a short code via normal transfer.

To use a certain line just create a simple short code,
e.g. 8N
Dial N
Trunk Group

In VM Pro transfer call to 8.....whatever will force over the trunk group.

If you have SIP issues, e.g speech then disable/enable Reinvite supported. Post trace also

sorry, got a bit ahead of myself, yes you can, but not *shortcodes, and the example i drew up in my head used *shortcodes.

silly me

arsene knows......

everything. apart from the importance of depth in a squad. and what a chequebook looks like......

Cheer TT,
sounds pretty logical. cheers. Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back