Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM to Email quit working

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgh72

Technical User
Jan 22, 2008
US
I am working on an ipo 500 5.0.8 with vm pro 5.0.21.
Their vm to email qiut working.Under the email settings tab when i hit the check tab it passes also passes under the SMTP setting as well. Could there be a firewall turned on some where ?

There can be many things wrong, I doubt it's the system it's normally the/a server that has done some automatic updates or Mr IT has been messing around and is now denying all knowledge :)

crack open monitor, tick the appropriate filters and watch what happens in there.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Open a packet sniffer and set the filter for SMTP. It will give you more detail than Monitor.

Had a similar problem the other day. The email server settings had changed so in addition to changing the server settings in the VMPro email settings control panel, also check the MAPI profile (Control panel -->Users--->Mail--->Show Profiles) and check to make sure the user account is valid there as well.

If nothing has changed :) try a power cycle of the IPO..

actually - i have a customer whos v/mail to email stops working sometimes, and restartng the vm pro service cures it.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

I noticed on our internal server, that if the exchange server was rebooted the VM-Em would stop
restart the VM would fix it... just another thought.
*we also use UMS and exchange integration so things may be a little different*

Did they got a new gateway ip address? Check the IP Route or use the System Status to ping to the outside world.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

To help figuring out what is wrong...

and then to avoid this in the future or to fix it now...

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back