Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM to Email Issues on VMPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

94astro

Programmer
Jul 21, 2013
US
Hello Pros,

I have an IP Office/VMPro 9.1.8. This site had voicemail to email working fine for a year or so, then the customer changed internet providers to AT&T and vm to email stopped working. I've tried it with different ports (80, 3535) and tried it thru GMail which we have working at other sites, but I can't get it to work. Two questions.

Could the provider be blocking these outbound emails from being sent? If so, what do I need to ask them to do? Unblock outbound port 80 (or whatever port)?

What are good filters on a monitor trace to see activity for email alerts?

Thanks.

Filters for monitor:
Call>Email
Services>SMTP

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Thanks, SMTP was already checked and in Call, EMial is under embedded so I had not checked it, I checked it just now for the heck of it and did a test. The only stats on email I see is "Email Test,2,3,0,0" Then nothing more.

VM pro you will need to set up logging in the client, then you can see what is happening with the email.
Mike

Oh crap, yup it is VM pro you need to turn on logging and then check the logs. Should be a logs folder in the VM folder.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Logging is checked under Administration>Preferences>General>Email>SMTP Sender, is that where I need to enable logging?

Nice, I see the logs in the VM folder, thanks! It's showing the connection to smtp.gmail.com on port 465 successful, but showing AUTH LOGIN unsuccessful. Man I wonder why it's showing that, I've quadruple checked the authorization.

It could also be the actual email account that's being used to send the emails from the ipo that's at fault.

I had a similar issue were as the account was seeing the emails as spam.
You may have to add the ipo account as White listed.. As opposed to black listed.

in otherwards to allow the account to send the email on.

Looking into the account. Thanks for all the info fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back