Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM to Email Forwarding but not Copying 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
When a user is set to Forward, the email comes through every time. When the user is set to Copy, the phone gets the VM, but the email never comes through. This happens on all extensions and it doesn't matter the email address. SE R11. Any ideas?

does the log show the email being sent?

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I've look in the opt/vmpro/logs and it isn't very helpful. When I search the email address, I only see where the user settings are being changed from Copy to Forward. Is there a specific log I need to enable or look at?

it is the same log.
Each message sent creates an entry and if you do the same user with fwd and copy it should create identical entries.

If Copy does not create an entry then it is not even sending and the issue is definitely the server

Then a reboot is the first step. Trying to restart the vmpro service as first step and then the entire server if that doesn't work

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

restarting vm service and server did not fix. they are on R11.0.4.1 build 11. sounds like an upgrade may be in my future

FYI...

Upgrading did not fix it, but I beleive I may have found the issue. This appears to have been caused by 2 users who had left the company and still had vm to email setup, so the system was constantly getting an recipient access denied SMTP error and one user who had a space in their email. After removing these it seems to be fixed.

Good catch and star for sharing. A new years reminder to us all that good housekeeping can solve many issues and prevent future ones.

Some of my colleagues get annoyed when they show me the config from a problem system, and I start with "probably not connected, but you should correct this and fix that'.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back