Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooreent1963

Technical User
Apr 17, 2006
US
I have two VM Pro units running they are both starting to stop, one is 3.2.28.4 the other is 3.1.21. Both of them are on Dell XP Pro SP2 machnes with the firewall disabled. One has been running without problem for several months (3.1.21 unit), the other is a new install (3.2.28.4 unit) and will stop once a week. All licences are valid on the IPO's, but they stop taking calls. I have to stop and restart the service for them to take calls again.
Mike D.

did they both stopped working today ???
if yes maybe a windows update can be the problem

yes they stopped today but the auto update is turned off and the computers have no internet access.
Mike D.

check power management settings. sometimes usb modem drivers will screw with stuff al well

check event viewer in the control panel and see what is causing the problem. also under services you can tell the vmpro service to restart if it stopped. i usually tell it to restart twice and then restart the pc on the thrid time

Try and put a $ in evey menu action on the VM. I had this issue with 3.2.17 and that fixed it everytime. All i did was add that and loop it back to the begining of the menu.

does it give you a busy or disconnected message on the phone?

I had a similar problem and it turned out I had some sessions hung up in voicemail pro. uninstalling and reinstalling vmpro didn't even clear them out. only rebooting the call processor cleared it up. I also have had problems with the vmpro computer becoming unresponsive at the console.

I think this issue was addressed in the 3.2.54 maintenance release at the end of November. Look at global bulletin 75 on the avaya websire

I had a similar issue, it was caused when the customer added the same static ip addresses that were assigned to the IPO and VMPro servers to their DHCP range. Occasionaly their DHCP server would somehow distribute the same IP Addresses the IPO and VMPro was using which caused an IP conflict and VMPro to quit responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back