Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM sounds like a broken record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajon

MIS
Feb 13, 2004
CA
a customer is experiencing a problem when they access their VM remotely. If there are no messages it says " You have NO NO NO NO NO new messages" there is no specific pattern to this only that it happens when there are no messages. Any Ideas?

-VM Pro 2.1
-IP Office Mode
-Analog Trunks
-Back Door Auto Attendant for remote access

This won't help you but either Red Dwarf has drifted into a bubble of unstable space time which has affected Kryten circuits or your customer is based in Dibly.

[;-) Sorry, just had too - double apology to non Brits]

Check that all powersaving options have been disabled, especialy Harddisk Spindown.

if that fails then I would sugest a reinstall of VM Pro.

sizbut don't worry, Red Dwarf does show on cable in North America; you brits started invading us 40 some years ago and haven't stopped! :)

Although it sounds to me more like Max Headroom has been contracted to do the voice recordings for their VMPro... *grin*

Peter

I think you guys have been hitting the egg nog a little hard. Thanks for the laughs anyway[afro2]

Sorry Sajon, we are all pondering it as well. Any joy yet.

Meantime additional clues always help.

- It it just a particular mailbox or several.
- Does it only occur on the first remote access call after a period of inactivity.
- Is the mailbox being remote accessed from the same location every time, if so try it from a few others.

Unfortunately I don't think the message being played is stored anywhere as a single prompt, its a composite of several so rerecording it to see if its any strange voice being treated as tones issue would be awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back