Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro will not answer external or internal calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

clindsay1

MIS
Mar 18, 2007
US
VM Pro running on Windows 2008 SBS will not answer calls (outside AA or internal extension VM) The service starts and I can login to the VM Pro client, the IPO IP is listed on the top left. It never displays the groups or users like it should. I have disabled windows firewall. My call route is pointed to VM:checkConditions (like all other systems I have installed) It is like IPO and VM Pro are "kinda" sync'd but not completely. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Get visual voice running first. Work on that.
Check your vmpro is at the same release as your ipo. If not, then do so.

No more monkeys jumping on the bed.

It is running on a domain controller. This causes issues for sure.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Yes, the DNS or DHCP service will have pinched the port VM Pro uses, there is a command line entry you can add to stop it happening. Search this site and you'll find it :)

The issue was fixed by changing the password in VMPro to match IPO. Thanks!

Cool, but give it a few weeks and if it is running DHCP and/or DNS you may well find it stops working again unless you reserve the ports :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back