Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro will not access Auto Attendants and wav files will not play 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMMcN

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2014
US
Have a IP Office 9.1 and VM Pro 9.1
All user VM functions works fine.
I set up a start point named CVMA under module with the call flow and set up a short code in manager to direct to that point.
The call logs show connected to Mailbox CVMA
Any start point that I set up does not access the wav file that is associated with it.

I get the standard greeting, please enter ext and # key.

Thanks

Is the shortcode suppose to be Voicemail Node instead of Voicemail Collect?

Been there, done that

I believe it is, tried both variants with the same result.

If you set the shortcode in Manager to Voicemail Node. Try joe2398's suggestion, creating the menu under ShortCodes in the top left part of voicemail Pro, instead of the Module section. I have ran into this before, nothing I did would get a shortcode to reach the Module section.

Been there, done that

You can directly place the module into the VMPro short code if you want ;-)

Only if it works... I have experienced on a/some release that the IPO ShortCode would not route to a Module. You know how it is, one of those feature enhancements that mysteriously goes away on the next release

Been there, done that

Do as I suggested with the short code set to voice mail node and it should work

Do a monitor trace and vm debug and we'll get to the bottom of this.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I set up a new call flow called "Test", same as the CVMA1 above under short code heading.
Set up a new short code in manager *95, voicemail node, Test
Dial *95 from extension, get standard mailbox setup greeting although a custom announcement is set up under the short code "Test

I hate to ask this but you are logged into voicemail pro right?

VM Pro is running on a Win 12 Std Server. VM Client is running on server and live.

no I mean you are logged into the voicemail pro client, just want to be clear

Yes, I can log out and log back in.

Do a monitor trace and vm debug and we'll get to the bottom of this. do as Janni78 suggested then as I am stumped

Try This
I had an issue were I could not download the modules from the voicemail pro.
The standard mailboxes are all ok.
Modules would not download and all calls went to a mailbox instead of the Module.
All shortcodes assigned to a module would only go to the Mailbox and not play the Greetings.

To do this you may try to load an empty Call flow :

Step1
use the VMPro Client import function and navigate to following path and import the file "EmptyDB.MDB”

Navigate to this Folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\DB Backup
look for “ EmptyDB.MDB”

Import the this file to the voicemail pro client.

In voicemail pro client
Try creating a simple new call flow module, save it and then close and re-open the vmpro client to see if you can view the call flow again.

Hopefully this will resolve the issue, and you can create all the required auto attendant call flows again and can play the greetings

also what version of 9.1 are you on? if snowman's post doesn't work then I would try an upgrade to your voicemail pro

I will try snowmans solution, if that doesn't work, I'll upload the log files

Tried with a new database same issue. Blew off and reinstalled VM Pro, all working now.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Thanks for the update, must somehow have been corrupted! pink for letting us know

I bet it has been an issue with file system security settings and VMPro service not able to open the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back