Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Stops working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rricks

Programmer
Apr 7, 2008
US
I have seen this before, but i still have not seen a good solution. Voice mail just stops working... Manager ver is 4.1(9) and VM Pro Ver is 4.1(27). I checked services and they both are running. i have set the services to restart on failure and it still just stops.... I can't find any reason for this any ideas???

hey wotanuta let me know how thw upgrade goes...good luck[thumbsup]

Here is the thread I had stated on a similar issue. Basically Voicemail would ring to dead air, but the service was still running. The logs show that the IPO lost it's connection with the VMServer for some reason. I have sample logs in that thread also.

I was using 4.1.9, and tried all different flavors of VM. 4.1.27 was the first, I downgraded to 4.0 VM, still had the problem, I moved the VM Server to a new server, happened more often, moved it back to the original server.. 4.1.12/40 came out, didn't happen for a week, then had it happen again.

I am part of a Domain, so my check box for Internet Time sync was not there, but I had the Time Server set to the VM Server, and the VM Server would get it's time from the Domain Controller on-site, and the Domain Controller should have gotten it's time from our Router but, for some reason when you checked what the time server was for the D.C, it was blank. So, I changed the Time Server on the IPO to the router, and haven't had this problem since.. 3 weeks now.. *crosses fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back