Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Stops working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rricks

Programmer
Apr 7, 2008
US
I have seen this before, but i still have not seen a good solution. Voice mail just stops working... Manager ver is 4.1(9) and VM Pro Ver is 4.1(27). I checked services and they both are running. i have set the services to restart on failure and it still just stops.... I can't find any reason for this any ideas???

Upgrade your IP Office to 4.1.12, there could be a data channel issue here.

Do not put system on 4.1.40 vm pro as it does not record greetings in IPO mode correctly.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

Check the resources in SSA. I'll bet the vm congestion is high.

I have never seen VMPRO just not work for no valid reason, ever. Now, I am not into 4 digits yet for the number of IPO's I have had my hands on, but I am not new to this either. I have formatted the hard drive, re-installed the OS, then re-install VMPRO, and import the old MDB, and the issue is gone. That however does not point to the VMPRO as being the issue but the hardware, OS, or installation proccess of the OS, or VMPRO application itself.

Might want to try starting over with a format of the HD.

aarenot.. that makes alot of sense, i think i was hoping that everyone would say oh ya i've seen that happen too. Afer thinking about it i have 2 customers that have the same issue and both customers have servers built by the same vendor... so may be we should rethink our server provider. Thanks for your input.

I would just check the latest CQ's just before the reformat to make sure there is not some new known issue. Check with your distributor support as well, as it makes the boss feel better before spending the time sometimes.

START THE MONITOR TO SEE WHAT IT SAYS, BUT i BET IT IS A CONNECTIVITY ISSUE WITH THE ipo. SORRY CAP LOCK BUTTON GOT CLIPPED. I assume the NIC ,HD, or PC, is not sleeping?

we had several posts in here that mentioned voicemail problems (4.1.27 and 4.0.forgot) and I had 2 myself on different vendor PC's (One HP and one Dell) I solved my issue with upgrading one and turning the internet time synch off on the other one, symptoms were that the service was up and running but the voicemail didn't work and restarting the service worked for anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks until the problem came back.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

the tab for upgrading the time through internet synchronization, only there if you are not part of a Domain.
Funny thing yes but it worked for me after an Avaya guy told someone on Tek Tips to do so and I read about it and did it.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I had the same problem. Seems like if I reboot the Voicemail server and the IP office it will come back normal.

I am only seeing the problem in IP Offices with VMPro and a PRI. Analog trunks seem to work correctly. I haven't experienced the problem in 4.1.12 yet.

Symptoms ?

Do you get engaged if you dial *17

Open Manager and see if VMPro licence is valid.

We had problem with invalid licence. VMPro runs for 2 hours without licence then stops

So Far this is just raising more questions i am really starting to feel this is an avaya issue. Everything is correct, licenses are valid. services are running... it just stops... i go in and stop vm service and restart DB service then restart vm service and eveything is happy... i started this post on monday and system is still working but i will be willing to bet it will stop sometime soon. Any more ideas???

i can remember in 3.2 vmpro there was an issue with the VM stopping because of some type of error. the fix for that was to put an "$" sign in every menu you created. after doing this, the vm nevered stopped again.

who knows, maybe this could be the same problem????

I resolved similar issue on a new Dell with by stopping the pc from hibernating. Never had one auto set to hibernate but as I always say, every day is a new one!
PS- found to be true on XP Pro and Vista.

Hard to tell for sure with limited info. Re-install of the VMPRO with import MDB is always easy way to make sure the install is clean. Then upgrade, then reformat the HD as following steps to troubleshoot. This is assuming there is nothing in the programming causing the issues, which I can not say is the case without seeing the system CFG's, and MDB myself. Then there is the matter of was the IPO upgraded properly without issues, or corruption, which is a common problem due to user error in that proccess. These are some cvommon variables not to mention the thousand or two others that are not so common.

have not upgraded yet... im starting to be cautious about upgrding it seems one problem gets fixed only to cause 2 new problems...

Have had horrendous problems with VM Pro 4.1.27 both in services stopping and with it not playing the right greeting whilst in IPO mode. Thought the latter was just a 4.1.40 issue till today. Have been given a PB for 4.1.40 but not tried it yet. hope to tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back