Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Stopping 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crumthwacket

Vendor
Mar 31, 2004
US
Any help on this would be appreciated: we had to upgrade our VM Pro from 2.0.16 to 2.0.17 six days ago because the service would stop for no apparent reason. This "cured" the service from stopping, however, the system would stop playing any WAV files for no apparent reason after that - although the service was still running. The only fix is to reboot. We then upgraded to 2.0.21 48 hours ago, but although the service is still running, the wav files are not playing - again. I'll be at the site in about 13 hours to reboot, but I'd like to see if anyone out there can point to the likely culprit.

My confidence in this product and Avaya diminishes daily - they fix one problem and break something else in the process - and tech support insists it's stable. I don't see how any company can sell many of these and stay profitable - our group is always back at previous sites installing patches and alleged fixes.

We have had this problem. Cut and Paste the license file. I know you have it typed in right, but it does make a difference. This should take care of your problem.

Thanks USJXN. Although this wasn't the exact remedy, it did lead us to the root of the problem. The parallel port on the PC was going to "sleep", causing the IPO to lose contact with the license key server; the licenses went from valid to invalid. We ended up changing the mode of the parallel port from bi-directional to ECP 48 hours ago and the system seems to have responded in a positive way. And all I really wanted to be was a phone man. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back