Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCullen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2002
GB
Hi

A clint of ours is using VM Pro and every 2 hours it stops working. after having a look on here it would point at the licence but this says that it is valid

they have a 406 running v3.0(40)

and vm pro V3.00

any ideas?

first I would upgrade both VMPRO and the IPO to the latest, that being 3.0(44) and 3.0(15) respectively then I would ask what OS?, is someone messing with the licence key server? and finally, in services, double click on the VMPro service, then click the recovery tab and set the first, second, and subsequent failures to restart service and click OK. This is an interim work around until you figure out why the service keeps bailing. Try checking who the service is logging on as, as permissions might also wreak havoc.

Definately a license issue. The license server may not be started which will cause the licenses to be invalid.

Is the IP setting in the system area pointing to the license server ?

The licenses may be corrupted because of use of an old version of manager. Unlikely though

Hi thanks for this i'll get them to try the above and let you know

also the licence key dongle plugs into the ipo and not a pc so would you still need the feature key software installed? it is currently installed on the vm pro server

also does the vm pro server need to be plugged directly into the IPO?

Thanks

If dongle is physically connected to IP Office base unit, you should not run the Key Server application on any PC. Also, within IP Office Manager, System area - IP address of License server should be left blank.

VMPro server does not need to be plugged directly to IPO.

VM Pro starts and stops every couple of minutes?? XP Pro had to move database to new pc. System came up but acting wierd.

Hi all,

It's clearly a problem of license.
VM Pro works during 2 hours without any licence.

There is a debug file which is generated by VMPro.
this file is c:\DbgOut.txt in the HD of the PC running VM Pro.
You'll be able to see in this file what is the problem.

Could you give me the list of licences recorded in the cfg file ?

You must have at less 1 "Voice Mail PRO (4 ports)".

if you don't have this, don't search more ...

I have VM pro 4 ports plus additional port license. All are valid. I had to move the VMPro database to a new PC(2000 to XP) because of small hard drive. It is a parallel/serial dongle that I moved to the new PC. I have read that you have to put the dongle on the IPO instead of the PC.

I will check the DbgOut.txt file today to see the errors. Any help would be appreciated.

A Parallel dongle (the original red one with 25 pin connectors) connect to the parallel port on a PC & requires Feature key server Running
The same applies to the USB dongle
The Serial Dongle (9 pin connectors) connect to the serial port on the IPO

If youare using a dongle connected to the PC & running Feature key Server I wouldf Check to see if the windows firewall is causing interferance

Silence after 2 hours from VM Pro is only caused by The VM Por failing to see a valid licence

I have the original dongle, with Feature key running. All licenses are valid. The VM PRO will stop and reboot after the system calls an AA (module) then the VMPro will stop and I have it restart. The VM Pro will accept messages and users can dial in and retrieve those messages but when a module is called it stops.

Is there in IP Office a user/group with the same name as the module?
Is the name of the module used twice in VM Pro?
The first eight characters of the name MUST be unique, if not then the VM Pro will stop if one of these modules is used.
Did you upgrade recently? Did you follow the rules as stated by Avaya in the Technical Bulletin belonging with the software?

With the following link you can find software and documentation how to trace the VM Pro :
Look for dbgvnt.exe and debug trace.doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back