Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro on Vista Business 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPmonkey

Technical User
Jan 5, 2004
GB
I am having a problem with VM Pro (latest 4.2 version) on a Vista Business machine.
I can't open the Voicemail Pro program within the control panel to set the SMTP mail server address.

The box did open following install when the services were first started.
Other than the above problem the voicemail, auto attendants & VM Pro client are all working.

Has anybody else had this problem & is it something Vista related that could be stopping it opening??

Did you reboot the machine ?
After that there are still some settings done by the install
Then you shoudl be able to do it

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yes I rebooted the machine.

any other suggestions?

Try a reinstall
I have never had that problem except when i did not reboot the machine

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

try opening Task Manager, open process tab and if its running there, then stop. and try and run VMpro again

Turn off your Windows firewall or run the AvayaFW.bat file to open the necessary ports. This should solve the problem. This is a problem unique to Vista business.

Thanks TaureanDragon,

you were right, once UAC had been disabled then the VM Pro Control Panel applet was accessible.

Damn you TD :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back