Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro locks up and hard to stop/restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalTelecom

Programmer
Mar 4, 2014
US
VM Pro Preferred 9.1.6.0 build 2
Installed on:
Windows Server 2012 R 2 Standard
Dell Server PER530
Intel Xeon CPU E5-2670 V3 @ 2.30 Ghz
64 GB Ram
Running IP500V2 running at 9.1.600.153
Nitrus Oxide button installed on location 23 of a 9508 to energize dilithium crystal on PRI (not really)

This system seems to run fine for a month, then VM locks up and even seems to effect ICR Fallback destination. Its running but not functioning so no auto attend, no voicemail and no fallback of DIDs because VM is not stopped just locked up.

Any ideas here?

Update: the server ran an auto update a few days ago and that's the only thing that has changed. But will rolling back an update reverse this? Im

Your friendly Avaya tech from the NW USA

if it had to do with .net framework i would try uninstalling the update.

the server ran an auto update a few days ago
Just one of the reasons I would have recommended installing the VM Pro as an application server, not on windows.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

yes and going forward disable all window updates. That was what was told to us when we 1st started installing these

yes and going forward disable all window updates. That was what was told to us when we 1st started installing these"

I have never had so many unnecessary service calls as this customer. They are a sheriff's office with a 911 call center tied into it.
To fix the issue in this thread, I had to ultimately uninstall and reinstall VM Pro and all is good - for now at least.

I specified a dedicated VM server and that's what I got. Then they started adding all these other "crucial" software programs because "hey, look at that new server we got here"..

Then They fired their IT guy and replaced him with a outside vendor specializing in IT, and added yet another vendor specializing in Government and Police for High Security IT. Sad to see him go after 10 years, but he was in way over his head at this point.

Apparently government security policy is to run Microsoft updates as soon and often as possible, add programs that don't play well with each other on the same device, and the phone guy is last to know that they moved exchange to a server across the country in Florida because it's complaint high security policies.

Then Voicemail to email fails, because nobody in IT actually works inside the building and knows how everything is tied together, then the Sheriff complains about the phones to the offsite IT guy because IT is who he used to complain to.

Also the old IT guy changed the passwords to the IP Office that were recorded in his head. Since he was fired there was no sympathy from him. I couldn't even default the passwords with the reset button or AT commands, so I had to push in the reset button and upload a previous configuration during business hours.

During all of this also discovered that outlook had been removed from the VM server so we had to re install that again, then IT spent 10 hours discovering all their high security firewall ports were stopping the email process VM Pro.

So, I like this customer because they are nice people, and they don't complain about the bill I send them. Someday this will all get straight.

My rant, I'm sure you all have stories like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back