Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro License Invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

yipster

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2005
US
Hi,

After upgrading VM Pro to 4.1.12 from 3.0.69 the license on my 406v2 became invalid. Did this happen to anyone?

Any solution to this or do I need a new license for version 4.1 and up.

Thanks

Vmpro has nothing to do with the licensing aspect.

Go through the usual.

Confirm that IPO is pointing to the correct license dongle carrier, either itself or a server. (same one as the vmpro?)
If PC is the server check that the key server application is in the system tray as is red.

If it is white with a cross try installing the sentinel driver.
C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Keyserve\Drivers\setupx86.exe

Try rebooting the IP Office.

"The lack of money is the root of all evil" [machinegun] [flip]

Sometimes when you upgrade the keyserver, it doesn't jive with the feature key.. try going to sentinels site, or installing an older version of the keyserver.

It worked and now the license became invalid again.

after updating the keyserver...i think version 4.1.40 is just too bugy

has anyone else experience this problem?

Try a terminal ping to the phone system from the Voicemail PC and see if you have some of them time out, I had an IPO go bad and it lost connectivity between the IPO and the LAN portion of the unit intermittently.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I just ran into this last night on an upgrade to 4.1.40. It turns out to solve it you need to stop the keyserver service. Then go to folder for IP Office, Then Keyserve, then drivers, double-click on setupx86, Click Functions, choose install sentinal driver, ERASE the \I386 from the end of it and click ok. This will properly install the sentinal driver. Then restart the keyserver service. The licenses should then become valid and stay that way.

If not, you may have to go to add/remove programs, modify your admin suite to remove the keyserver. Then add the sentinal driver as above. Then re-add keyserver through add/remove programs. Make sure you start the service for keyserver when finished.

The funny thing is I rebooted VM Pro server after it came back up, I then proceeded to reboot each IPO 406V2 and now it works again.

I hope Avaya knows about this bug because this never happened to me before.

Probably its time to switch over to a Cisco IP phone system.

Cisco is no better.. THey all have issues when they are software based. If you are on SCN then you may want to use 4.1.1201. I am told it has SCN fixes in it.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I am using 4.1.1201

But I'll wait and see if Avaya will fix this issue in the next release.

My License became invalid again.

Does any tech know if this is a bug?

I did the steps of Telecomboy and the license still became invalid after 24 hours.

Also I am running 4.1.1201

What more important is is the version of your vmpro !
What are the specs of the pc running the feature key server ?
Does it have a firewall, virus scanner or automatic updates on ?

Is it connected directly on the ipoffice ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

One more reason to use the serial key mounted directly to control unit...
Mike

I would uninstall the whole admin stuff reboot the pc then reinstall it and reboot again.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

The VM Pro Server is on 4.1.40
Windows 2003 Server SP2
USB Dongle

There are two IP Office one is connected directly and the other is via SCN over the VPN.

Both VM and Auto Attendant stop working due to the license became invalid on the IPO which is connected locally.

I checked the keyserver and it is up and running.

I have uninstall and reinstall the admin server too.

I'm going to call Avaya and see what they can do?

Is it better to use a serial dongle?
I thought you need to connect the dongle to the VM Pro server and not directly to the IPO.

The only thing I can suggest if you have a usb key is go to the support site for the key manufacturer and upgrade the drivers.

Cant remember the URL link but has got me out of the poop a bit.

Also ensure your Lic server IP is locked down and is not set to broadcast.
Also ensure the CPU on the PC is not maxing out.

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

this has been a problem with upgrades since USB keys were invented. While it does not happen everytime, it does happen occasionally when the keyserver service is not stopped prior to upgrading the keyserver software.
Avaya has suggested to me the following.
Stop the keyserver service then remove the USB dongle, then uninstall the keyserver software and reboot. After the reboot install the new keyserver software, connect the USB dongle and reboot again..
I also always now stop the keyserver service and remove the USB dongle prior to running any upgrade, just in case

I had the same issue recently with 3.2.61 where the feature key service was running, but the icon in the system tray always had an "X" over it, and the license was showing invalid on the 406. I stopped all the services, uninstalled the whole IPO Admin package from Control Panel/Add-Remove programs, then reinstalled and it seems to have fixed it.

Same problem again but this time I ran sysmonitor to trace the issue.

I found an error message: "Lic: Rainbow token file not received/invalid from 192.168.42.xxx"

192.168.42.xxx is my VM Pro server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back