Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Holiday Message 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOTech2008

Programmer
Feb 12, 2013
US
I have a customer that is running 9.0.7 and using VM Pro. The system is setup with a time profile on the IPO (in manager) and the incoming call routes point to a day or night AA in VM Pro using the time profile. They are wanting to add a button to change their greeting from their standard day AA to a Holiday message. I attempted to make this happen by building a hunt group and pointing the incoming calls for day to the group. I turned on vm and in VM Pro i set it to go to my Day Attendant Module. This worked great. I then setup another group turned on vm and set it to go to a new Holiday Attendant Module. I set the new group as the Out of service fallback for my main day group and put a button on the customers phone. Not sure why but for some reason this part is not working. The button works when pressed as I can see it change in manager however the calls will not go to the Holiday Attendant, instead they ring in to the phones on site! I set a different group as the fallback and it works flawlessly. Change it back and it fails again. I'm not sure if this setup simply wont work, or if I may have setup something wrong. If anyone has any suggestions or even a suggestion of a different way to set it up I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for all your time!

I like this method-

Create a hunt group that isn't even used, except to check its status and route the calls based on that status

Continue to use the time profile to send the call to the AA. But between the Start point and the first menu, check the status of the routing hunt group and based on if it is set to In Service/Night Service/Out Of Service, let the call continue on to the Day AA, to the Night AA, or the Holiday AA.

This sounds like a great option! I have seen the Variable Routing option in VMPro, but never had the need to use it. It sounds like in this case it will work perfect. I plan on dialing into the system tomorrow to set this up for the customer. Thank you so much for the great advice!

Love to see that Kyle's work is still alive and kicking.
another star from me for you TTT for keeping his memory around

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

So now that I am attempting to set this up I realize I cannot see the images on the linked page! Therefore I am not sure how to setup the variables to achieve this. Can anyone help me out with what to fill in on the specific tabs for my variable routing? Thanks!

This is my Auto Attendant for Doctor Clark
AA-Clark_cupyt4.jpg

The action right after the Start Point goes to the module CheckNightHolidayClark
DayNightHoliday_zk4rv3.jpg

The Action ClarkRouteCalls in NS or OOS checks the status of the hunt group called ClarkRouteCalls
Properties_xegtdj.jpg

The Variable Routing matches to a value of 0 or 2 (and No Match), so that the call returns to the Auto Attendant via the Day, Night, or Holiday
PropertiesVariableRouting_axphmm.jpg

Small thought: Create 2 wav files with the same name.. and replace the one relevant?

Hi touchTone tommy

Do you know if the images in the link you provided to Kyles site can be viewed.

Do you know who stills maintains his site to see if the images can be downloaded again.

Just wanted to say thanks TouchToneTommy for the great post of your setup for Doctor Clark. It was everything I needed to get my customer setup!

Oh yes,
Thank you for your for your post as we'll.

Learnt a lot from that post for dr Clark

Star for the explanation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back