Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM pro greeting clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbdeep

Vendor
Dec 17, 2005
US
I know this was posted before but the search function is still down, so if someone has a quick answer please help!

VM greeting for 1 extension only is clipping and cuts off at different intervals. It doesnt happen every time. Initially we suspected it was the system reckognizing a users voice as DTMF tones, but we have re-recorded the greeting 10 times and it still cuts off.
I have also deleted and re-created to mailbox several times as well.

What version/ I remember in 2.1 and I think 3.0 we were having an issue with this. We have the user rerecord the greeting .

I have not run into that problem in 3.2 I would try to rerecord the greeting.

Is the VM server connected to the IP Office or a lan switch? if directly connected to the IP Office make sure the LAN card is set to 100/half.

The NIC card is set to not hibernate, or power save, correc t?

Auto Negotiate and NO hibernation or power save.

this is only 1 extension. The other mailbox greetings are ok as is the Auto Attendant greetings. I dont think the link speed or NIC settings would affect 1 mailbox.

he did already ten times
BUT did you try with some one elses voice ?

yes, the greeting was re-recorded several times. it would work fine after re-recording for a couple of days and then start the same

stop vmpro services

delete user via manager

delete the greetings, accounts, names, wavs for this user(all of them for this user) in the C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM location on the VMPRO server.

restart VMPRO services

recreate user

restart VMPRO services

record the greeting, name etc for this user, and test. Ask them to leave your voice there until it is established it is working correcty now.

Also, make sure there is no custom start point causing an issues for this user. If it has a custom start point for the user, you will need to delete those after the first stop the VMPRO services, in my suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back