Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Extension Dialing Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

acollard83

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2005
US
I am stumped on this one. One of my customers has VM Pro and everything was working fine until today. When someone presses either option 3 or dials an extension number (300 series) it says transfering to extension 3 then hangs up. I've checked everything I can think of and am stumped. Any ideas?

Check your call flows carefully and if everything looks right try rebooting. I prefer a power cycle.

Do you have a timeout set at 0 seconds on the menu?

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I have noticed that you have an option 3 which transfers to an extension. So if you look at the menu touch tones you should have a entry 3?? and not a 3 AND a 3??

Timeout is set to 3.

CarGoSki- Theres an option 3 that goes to a menu with a ?? and timeout. Timeout goes to the option.

Sounds like someone is being clever by using 3 as an option to an alternate menu where ?? is an option for the remaining two digits.

If you look at the specific tab for the transfer action for the ?? it should say 3$Key

Menu>3>Menu>??>transfer

What else do you have on this second menu?

Just ?? and a Timeout. 3 is the timeout. This all was working fine when we installed it. Nothing seems to jhave been changed.

change it to 3?? in the first menu, then transfer to $Key

Now what about for option 3? Which has already been recorded in the AA as an option.

change option 3, to 3?? then transfer that to $Key

Thats fine, but there is an option 3 on the AA recording that cannot be changed. Option 3 needs to go to support.

Without reading all the above I think you need this:

3>MenuNEW>?? transfer 3$Key

on MenuNEW timeout (3sec if you want) transfer to Support.

So if the customer dials just one digit (3) it will be transferred after the timeout to the supportdepartment.
If VMPro collects more digits (ie 3+2additional digits) it wil be transferred to the extension.

thats what i have now and its been working up until Friday. I can send the callflow if needed.

Have you tried to delete the secondary Menu with TO and ?? and just recreate it?

Looks ok to me. Try this, 1 unhook the ?? from transfer and save and make live. Go reconnect it and try.

2 uncheck notify caller of transfer after trying number 1

You're welcome but I'd rather know what the culprit was. Just to help others when similar problems arise in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back