Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vm pro disconnect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-man

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2018
US
are there any parameters within VM Pro to disconnect a call after so long? I cannot seem to locate anything.

The issue is I am still fighting with the provider on reliable disconnect for analog lines. The customer lived with it on his previous system for 3 years, but now all of the sudden it is an issue of mass importance because the phone lines wont hang up.

The main issue is they have an after hours service box that takes a message and pages the oncall. If you leave a message in this box and hangup, the line doesn't disconnect so the VM is just recording silence. I thought with a maximum message length of two minutes the system would eventually time out, but it does not.

Have you tried any of the disconnect settings on the analog trunks? its been a while but i have lowered them before and had it fix this issue. I think the default is 500ms and going down to 300 may have worked.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Vive Communications

Try adding a disconnect action after the leave mail. Otherwise you could try some of the unsupervised disconnect options on the analog line. If they send a reorder tone I have had some success with that. You could try putting a butt set on it and see what it does do after a disconnect.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Sometimes I wish I would have stuck with bartending.. For the record, the VM Pro will disconnect the call after about 4 minutes. I played around with the disconnect settings on the analog trunks, but it only seems to matter if they are actually sending a reliable disconnect. After two days, I managed to finally convince the carrier that they were not providing reliable disconnect. Thankfully the onsite tech had some background in analog service so he wasn't giving me the deer in headlights look. Once we established reliable disconnect, obviously everything worked normal as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back