Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman1108

Technical User
Jun 16, 2006
GB
Hi,

I'm trying to add some simple (or so I thought!!) conditions to an existing call flow in VM Pro (3.0.19).

It's for the Xmas open & close times.

I've gone through adding conditions and to these conditions I needed to add elements that contain 'calender' and 'week planner' entries. Both of which have several entries themselves.

But, it just doesn't work correctly, it simply doesn't follow the correct path to a 'generic' action if the call is outside these parameters.

I understand that if there are several dates/times stated in an element then the operator needs to be set to 'or', which they are.

Any ideas on this problem, that really shouldn't be a problem, otherwise I'll be dialling in on Xmas day to stop and start the calls...can anyone save my marriage...??!!

I usually make one condition with the calendar and an other with the week planner. Then I test them one by one.

I just did the same.
created a calendar condition, dubbel clicked on 25 and 26,saved, and put a test condition in the main flow. if condition = true (date=25 or 26) play message, if false, continue flow. it is easy to test by clicking todays date in the condition. Goodluck with your marriage... ;-)
Mike.

Thanks for the tips fellas.

Thing is, i've got several days with differeing open/close times. And that's where it's falling over.

If I do it Janni78's way, I'll have dozens of conditions, each with one day and one time entry, and then i'll need to add loads more actions to either transfer to group or goto the next action. I'm sure this would work too, but surely it's clever enough to check times and dates as a combined condition?

you can include the result of a condition in a new condition, you will have to create multiple condition, but in your flow it will only take one condition.

I tried to check several values as one condition thinking from my programming days that it wouldn't be any problem.

Seems like VM Pro didn't think the same way i did and now I make one check for each value and don't have to worry.

Usually I build a function for testing something and den reuse that in my flows so it doesn't look like a mess.

Hi there,

If you're using more then 1 day as condition and/or another conditiom, change "And" to "Or" otherwise your condition will be always FALSE.

hope it helps!

Dario Ribeiro

Hi,

Yep, I did that already as it defaults to 'And'.

But, now that the the festive season is nearly done with, i've got some breathing space to get this right.

Thanks.

You have to set the weekly planner to "or" after the calendar and It should work fine.

change pc date/time to a minute before the scheduled change. wait 2 minutes, test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back