Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro calling to outside number

Status
Not open for further replies.

R6Wraith

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2002
CA
I have an odd situation that I need some direction on. I have set up a short code (801) that is set to dial and outside number. I created a route in the VM Pro that directs the caller to that number.

From what i can tell if it comes in one line 1 for this example and the voicemail routes the call back out it internally switches the line 1 and line 2 together and then connects to the outside end point.

Is there a way that I can have it work much like a "Link" feature works with Nortel. So I want the call to come in on line 1 then go back out on line 1 off the clients switch.

The way I have it works now but I find that the system a various times holds the lines in use even though that call has been completed and disconnected.

Yes, Disconnect is on. It's a very rare situation but I want to do this type on transfer regardless.

Could some one please point me to the proper way to write the short code to allow a "linked" transfer whent he call is being routed to the outside number.

Thanks!

Well I sort of have a direction to take but can't believe this is the way to do it.....

Does anyone know if there is an alternative to this method. I can't believe you can't simply prefix the hook flash short code and have it work. I am looking for some confirmation on that or if someone has actually tried this solution other then the person who posted it.

Thanks again!

I can believe it. I've been on speakerphone before (fresh call) and been dialing something on my cell phone, and had my digital phone react (not on the IP Office of course). But, they're just Dual-Tone sounds. Makes sense that anything could generate those sounds.

You won't find that to be the case on the IPO though (in terms of making your phone dial) because there are no touch-tone receivers on digital phone ports (its all handled out-of-band on digital sets).

Incredibly clever though. ;)

Hope this helps...

Kris G.

Judging that no one has any other comments to this the Avaya.....IPO doesn't not handle a "link" feature to take a caller and transfer them back out on the same line the call is on to another number and off the switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back