Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro Application Server R11.1 play back issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

trinetintl

Vendor
Mar 15, 2010
US
I am trying to deply an IP Office R11.1 Preferred VM Pro with an application server installed on a physical server and this thing is about to drive me nuts. I am using a wav file; 16 bit, 8 Khz, Mono that plays perfectly OK in our Windows VM Pro and that it also plays perfectly OK when selecting telephony handset to play it back on the VM Pro Application Server, but for some unknown reason it refuses to play when it is used in a VM PRo entry prompt. The file is 16 bit, 8 Khz, Mono, I have tried a shortcode to Voicemail Collect and Voicemail Node, with "" and without, I have tried chaging it to all sorts of differnt linux rights using WinSCP, I have tried using the file in a subfolder that I created under Wavs I have tired the file while in the CustomPrompts, but nothing seems to work. I have set up a few systems with UCM in the past, this is the first time I am using the Application Server for the VM Pro, but is there a difference? I was expecting everything to be about the same as the UCM, I have done this on the UCM many times before without any issues or problems, I don't understand, am I missing something? Something that I noticed is new is the new opus file type that was created when I record a test promtp directly from the telephone handset, the file plays OK and the only difference I see is that the sample bit on the opus file is "N/A bit" instead of "16 Bit". Is this the problem? Do I need to conver the wav file to opus? If this is the case, can somebldy please let me know what can I use to convert a wav file to opus?

Thanks and appreciate the help...!

RE
APSS, AIPS

Never mind everybody, I figured it out, I was working on a very small remote session screen and I was not able to see or notice that the audio file ended with .org.wav. Once I renamed and removed the .org, VM Pro was able to play the file without any problems.

RE
APSS, AIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back