Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro and fallback extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobileha

Technical User
May 19, 2015
RU
Hello.

If I use Embedded VM, then if user doesnt't dial a number, then call goes to fallback extension (group)

Which mechanism should I use to achieve same results with VM Pro?

---
Situation:
I have Incoming call routing that assigns call to VM Pro. If user doesn't dial exnension, then on timeout script dials to some hardcoded extension number.
I want to use fallback extension number instead of hardcoding.

Hardcoded into VMPro's script.

I want the script to stay unchanged but to fallback to different extensions based on incoming calling route rules (time, called number, etc)

You have infinite possibilities with VM pro, you just need to know how to use it, the examples are very helpful :)

In VM Pro, you're going to use a Menu to create your automated attendant, and on the 3rd tab, touch tones, check the box for timeout, set the number of seconds, and then connect the timeout option to where you want the call to go.

Hi!
I have this now. Timeout --> Call to Secretary HuntGroup

I want it to go to Fallback Extension described in "Incoming Call Route"
So I could use the same script for different Incomint Call Routes going to different FallBack Extensions.
As Embedded AA does.

It'd only use that if VM:XXX was unavailable.

Potato chip factory burnt down last night. It burnt to a crisp.

I now have time profiles that use the same VM, but different fallbacks (secretary day/security night). I don't want to duplicate this to script. It's harder to support.

No solution really? All the advice are about why I shouldn't do that way but no advice how to do what I want :(

Ok. go to system>voicemail.
Set voicemail type to embedded.
Merge.
Or you could take touchtonetommys advice. It's not hard.

Potato chip factory burnt down last night. It burnt to a crisp.

Mobileha, VM Pro will not use the ICR fallback, as simple as that.
People have told you how you need to do it, if you don't want to then it's never going to work.
The time between asking and your last post you could have done it 15 times, so stop being lazy and get to work.

You can stamp your feet all you like but it's not going to change the fact that it doesn't work like that.

Hi! amriddle01
Your the answer that it's not possible is ok. It's not about "the better way". It's about the only way.

If so, I'll do as you said.

Thanks you :)

To be fair,
you could define the main guts of the AA as a module and then re-use that. It cuts down on the repetitive work.

You still need to transfer back to the destination though (hint: done outside of the module)

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Yes, thought about that.

Also hoped this could work the same way with fallback :(

Thanks [dazed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back