Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro and Avaya IP500 and no Avaya VM prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulos2002

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
GB
I am running an IPO500 10.1.0.8.0 build 3v and VM Pro 10.1.0.8.0 build 1 and an IVR we have recorded is working fine, once we get to an Avaya prompt for the VM for instance there is no prompt, are these on the SD card rather than the VM Pro?

Any help would be appreciated

Just to confirm: your auto-attendant is working (so you can call it and hear a recording) but you hear silence when you reach voicemail?

How are you accessing voicemail? Are you pressing the voicemail key on the phone or are you dialing *17 or some other method of accessing the "voicemail collect" menu?

Depending on whether you're running Voicemail Pro as a service in Windows or on the Linux Application Server, your Voicemail Pro directory is located in one of two places:
[ul]
[li]Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Voicemail Pro\VM[\li]
[li]Linux: /opt/vmpro/[\li]
[/ul]

Only the essential edition's embedded voicemail files are stored on the SD card, and they may not be unless the installation that created the SD card contained them.

Please & thank you!

Look at your files in the .wav directory. I had the same thing happen. For some reason, the system was looking for .wav files, but everything in the directory was .opus files. If you are running Windows vmpro, run debugview and you should see it trying to play the file and what file name it's looking for etc. If running vmpro on an application server, enable debug logging and look at the created log files. Oddly enough, just doing a rename of *.opus to *.wav made everything work. I backed up the directory before making the changes, but just renaming the files and not converting them worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back