Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM Pro 9.0 on UC Module 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gberger

Technical User
Mar 2, 2004
CA

Anybody else had this problem trying to upgrade a UC Module from version 8.1 to R9?

First i uploaded the R9 upgrade zip file then went to "Updates" and tried to "update all".

After few minutes it comes back and nothing is updated,i have to upgrade them one by one.

The only one that doesnt want to upgrade is One-x portal because it gives me a message that Java 1.7.0 is needed for

that one-x portal version.I check the version of java and its 1.6.0 and it says "up to date".So i guess i have to

find that version for the UC module specific...How come its not part of the Zip file?

I would think they all checked that before releasing it,no??

I did the same thing. The upgrade process has changed. You need to use a USB stick and follow the link on the support site to get the software that allows you to create a bootable USB device. Then you'll need the UCM ISO file not the zip.

I did re-image UC modules before on earlier releases when i didnt need to keep the customer data but i don't think
it's the only way to do it on 9.0.
How would you retain the customer data using the Full ISO image?
I dont think you can backup VMpro 8.1 , re-image using the ISO file then restore backup to the 9.0, unless i'm wrong.

the upgrade zip file will not fully upgrade a v8.1 module to V9.0

he way i would takle the process is as follows.

backup any custom wav files (any ftp client should be able to do this)
export the callflows

re-image the ucm with a flash drive
import the VM call flow
restore the custom wav files

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

You can do a back up to a USB which will back up the VM call flows and the custom .wav files. Do the re image from USB that you have set up with the new .iso file. Once the re image is completed and you initialize it you will be able to restore your backup.

Thanks for the answers,
I guess they should then remove the upgrade ZIP file since its useless...
I didnt know you could restore an 8.1 backup into a 9.0 version,i though it had to be within the same release,good to know.

It looks like no more CHMOD is needed to "copy from" or "copy to" the Wavs Folder in the UC Module on R9.
The Wavs folder doesnt seems to be "read only" anymore.

Anyone experienced this?

You will need to use an USB device and upgrade it from there.
This is covered in the manual how to do this.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Try here;

You cannot use the Upgradexxx.zip file if you go from 8.1 > 9.0 but only if you are whitin R9 so from 9.0.XX > 9.0.XX

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back