Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM PRO 9.0 Mailbox size limit? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdavis18

Vendor
Feb 19, 2013
US
Does anyone know how or why AVAYA has put a 60MB size limit on mailboxes? I recently had a customer mailbox that was giving the message "This users mailbox is full" and when I searched the VMPRO help file it now reads "The maximum mailbox size is 60mb.

"Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."
Damn Byrds!

They added it in response to customer requests. Of course they did, Avaya always do what the customers want and need. Sorry, yes a change with no parallel method by which you can control the new setting.

So on Linux voicemail you can set a limit to how much total disk space the voicemail uses - a sensible and necessary control as the voicemail is sharing the server with other applications and so shouldn't hog the space.

But they obviously got carried away and added a, you can't change it, we don't care, 60MB limit for every single mailbox. Very annoying, especially for an existing customer who has upgraded and already happily had mailboxes that exceeded that limit. But I'm sure they added an alarm to the system alarms that you can setup in Manager - no. I think it reports in Monitor and in the Linux server syslog but thats all.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

WAIT what the hell? This is totally unacceptable, I don't remember seeing anything about this, but do see it now.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Edit the following string that sets the mailbox size ‘MailBoxQuota=60‘, ......you can find it in etc/vmpro_settings.ini

"Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."
Damn Byrds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back