Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VM PRO - 2 Queues out of 1 Group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnmsnyder

Vendor
Nov 15, 2006
US
Scenario: 4 system SCN. All 4 sites full AA with both English & Spanish AA's. Selector code option for both languages to go to appointments group which is queuing. The problem is that they don't want an English appts group and a Spanish appts group. They want both languages to go to one appt group at each site because most of them are bilingual. Has anyone found a way to have a call enter the Queue Start Point in VM and then have some sort of variable to route English to one queue & Spanish to another?

Has anyone found a way to have a call enter the Queue Start Point in VM and then have some sort of variable to route English to one queue & Spanish to another?

But you don't have "another" queue you only have/want one.....a queue is for a group, 1 group means 1 queue or the queuing would be pointless if you think about it :)

"No problem monkey socks

Search the help on the vmpro for $LOC

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

I understand 1 queue for 1 group. My question is, once it hits the 1st queue start point in vmpro under that hunt group has anyone used some sort of variable or condition to route according to language within that start point?

Refer to Bas1234

>Search the help on the vmpro for $LOC

It is designed for precisely this scenario

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I'm not real familiar with $LOC beyond what I just looked at on Help. I don't see how it would help in this situation. The call comes into the English day aa with an option for Spanish which goes to another module. Both AA's are built with option 2 going to the Appt group. Where would $LOC come into play?

why so complicated (even though I have to say the $LOC is very elegant)
you have 2 different languages for the auto attendant which means that the callers are already coming into 2 different entry points and then you can send them to 2 identical groups, one for English and one for Spanish and the queued message and also the prompts can be in either language and the members can be the same if they are all bi-lingual.

Or did I get that wrong that they come from the same auto attendant and the same menu but how would you then know what language they picked?

If they chose the language before you can easily do that by duplicating everything in 2 languages and then you can adjust each one without touching the other one, more work initially (maybe) but easier to follow and troubleshoot for the next person to come and make changes as it will not be intrigrant that is for sure except if you pay for his travel :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Interrupt the silence only if you improve it by saying something, otherwise be quiet and everybody will be grateful.

I would go for one group and one queue with the $LOC construction, it is a lot easier to maintain.
in VM:
Specific group start point > Queued ( first one time message ) add a generic action and set the path to the wav file to SpecPrompt\$LOC\welcome.wav
On the VM Pro server in the wavs directory create a folder "SpecPrompt", in that folder create two folders, one named "enu" and one named "es".
Both folders have a recording named welcome.wav ut in the enu folder it is english end in the es folder it is spanish.
Do the same for the "Still Queued" ( repeated message ) action.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

This isn't working. I'm sure it's user error. Please tell me where I'm going wrong. Calls come into AA with enu greeting with option 1 for spanish. Opt. 1 goes to Select System Prompt Language action with spanish selected in the Specific Tab. From there I point it to the spanish aa module. My .wavs are separated in two folders. e.g.- Custom\enu\1stq.wav When it gets to the Queue Start Point the recording prompt path is Custom\$LOC\1stq.wav. I never get a spanish queue message. Am I correct that the System Prompt Language action sets the locale? What am I missing?

The $LOC replaces the c:\...VM\WAVS\en...enu...fra or any other language.

Don't think you can put the custom map in front of the $LOC so put the a map or wave files straight into the enu.....en.....ect..

Avaya_Red.gif

I'm already using $LOC to replace the language folder in the prompt field. I've changed file path to c:\VM\WAVS\$LOC\1stq.wav as you suggested, but no success. 1st, does the system prompt language action set the locale? 2nd, where should I start using $LOC in the call flow?

Did you set the locale on the ICR?

Avaya_Red.gif

Try to change it to spanish then it should pickup the spannish wavs

Avaya_Red.gif

It picked up the spanish but now it won't play the enu wavs. Based on my earlier post, am I using $LOC in the right place or should I add it to other prompts? I'm missing something and it's probably something really simple.

No thats right but the $LOC works, search the help in vmpro for a language menu, then you need aclanguage option in front of the queue message.

Avaya_Red.gif

I built a few quick test modules to try and make this work. Let me know if I'm on the right track.
Call entry is vm module. Prompt path is WAVS\enu\testlang.wav Opt. 1 for spanish opt 2 for enu
Opt 1 points to select language action which does GOTO: spanish module.
Opt 2 points to select language action which does GOTO: english module.
Spanish module prompt path is WAVS\es\dayaa.wav
English module prompt path is WAVS\en\dayaa.wav
Both mods have opt to queue
1st Q prompt is WAVS\$LOC\1stq.wav
2nd Q prompt is WAVS\$LOC\2ndq.wav

Does this look correct?

Aftr the start point you create a menu "press 1 for english or press2 for spanish" connect 1 to a "set locale action" and set that action to "US english" and do the same for option 2 but then choose for "Spanish". Both set locle actions will follow th same call flow were you use the $LOC methode.
You also ca set the locale on the ICR in Manager and create a compare action in the call flow before the menu, check if either one locale is set and bypass the menu, if no match then offer the menu.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

That's what I did. 1 menu, 2 opt. opt 1 set enu language and opt 2 sets es language. It still doesn't work. I only have 1 ICR and the locale is default. If I change it to spanish then the queue prompts play spanish, but if I leave ICR locale default only english queues play. Am I misunderstanding something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back